FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE Alternative?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Whitaker
AE Alternative?
on Jul 17, 2016 at 12:11:48 am

Is there an After Effects alternative out there that I can use to create some motion graphics? I refuse to do the Adobe rentware thing, and the Pan Crop tool just doesn't cut it.

Any alternatives?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: AE Alternative?
on Jul 17, 2016 at 6:42:31 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Jul 17, 2016 at 6:52:56 am

[Ron Whitaker] "Any alternatives?"
I'm listening Ron.

There is a most definite hole in the market for "another" software warehouse to fill in; to shake up this sector and prise open the fissure in the market that's being held tight as hostage, with tactics of either squeezing an existing OMB producer or the deep-pocketed corporates, ignorant of on-going subscription costs.

It might only take one young bright spark to drive this forward to create the team.

Is there Life After Affects? Got to be. AE-like, lite with no subscription? I'd consider it.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jul 17, 2016 at 12:24:48 pm

[Ron Whitaker] "Is there an After Effects alternative out there that I can use to create some motion graphics?"
Yea, If you are on a PC I would recommend Boris RED from Boris FX. RED can even load many AE plug-ins. Most of what you can do in AE can be done with Boris RED.

If you are on a Mac, I would use Apple Motion. Best part is that Apple Motion 5 only cost $49 USD and it's tightly integrated into Apple Final Cut Pro X. That's another reason I moved to the Mac. Way more choices for creatives. ;-)
[Ron Whitaker] "I refuse to do the Adobe rentware thing"
I have no need to use any Adobe products. I have substituted them all:

Adobe Photoshop ==> Affinity Photo
Adobe Illustrator ==> Affinity Designer
Adobe Premiere Pro ==> Apple Final Cut Pro X
Adobe After Effects ==> Apple Motion
Adobe Media Encoder ==> Apple Compressor
Adobe Encore ==> Apple DVD Studio Pro

My workflow is complete "Adobe free" and "subscription free" (and "Microsoft free" as well). :-D

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Jeff Lee
on Jul 17, 2016 at 2:44:32 pm

I am no expert but how about Fusion 8? Can't beat free and professional level.

Return to posts index

Ron Whitaker
on Jul 17, 2016 at 3:38:11 pm

Fusion 8 looks like more of a 3D application.

I just want a simple motion graphics, like AE.

Perhaps Boris RED is the alternative. Is Boris a plugin for Vegas?

I don't know, I've been fighting it for a long time, but maybe I'm just going to have to give in and move to a Mac. There just seems to be so many more options there.

I'm just going to wait and see how serious the guys at Magix are about Vegas. I HOPE they really make it a stellar product with professional tools integrated within.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jul 17, 2016 at 4:35:26 pm

Ron, it's been known forever that creatives have used Apple - for whatever the reasons. Using PC based s/w to get to a solution is hard. My thoughts are that Vegas is most likely to represent the pinnacle of what we do, ie with cut and shut editing with great audio added. What you're asking for is, as pointed out, has become the territory of Apple.

When I can get an Apple version of VP working on a suitable/affordable Apple platform I'll entertain the great Trek. Until that time.......

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jul 17, 2016 at 6:57:06 pm

[Ron Whitaker] "Is Boris a plugin for Vegas?"
Yes, Boris RED can operate as a plug-in or stand-alone. The projects you save in stand-alone mode can be loaded into the plug-in version as well. So imagine having AE as a plug-in... that is what Boris RED gives you.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Jul 17, 2016 at 11:17:34 pm

There is Bluff TItler as well.

Xavier (Scott) Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jul 18, 2016 at 12:06:22 am

Depending on your needs, you might try Blender.
https://www.blender.org/
At a good price--free.

wwaag

Return to posts index

mark thompson
on Jul 18, 2016 at 10:00:01 am

Hi,
as already mentioned, Blackmagic Fusion 8 is a very good application. All the spare hours I have for learning are directed there at the moment. I'm paying for AE as well. I find it offers a good "return" for the effort invested in learning it. On the other hand Blender seems to require a lot of investment of your time before you can get results (but results are fantastic when you can master it).

AE provides Cinema 4d Lite and seems to advise using that for 3d mograph. You can get that without AE and the subscription fees. Also a hefty learning curve.

Although Fusion and Cinema4d are 3d apps - if you don't play with the z-axis then they make pretty good 2d apps.

mark

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Jul 19, 2016 at 6:40:12 pm

Blender is really the most cost effective solution, if you can get over the learning curve. I liken Blender to a canvas, set of brushes, and mixing board. All the tools are there, the Pros vs the Scrubs are quickly weeded out due to artistic talent and understanding of their medium.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]