FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Sony Protype Titler - How to allow text to stay on screen longer

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Daley
Using Sony Protype Titler - How to allow text to stay on screen longer
on Jul 16, 2016 at 8:37:23 am

I'm doing some tests for a film I'll be working on a few months, that features text messaging.

I discovered the ProType Titler effect, that allows you to have text appear as though it's being typed. Very easy. But then, I run into a problem. The text "types itself", displays for about a second, then the text is gone, because the text effect window is up.

I've tried splitting the text window at the point the text displays fully, and stretching the window so the text would be on screen longer, but even though this is technically a separate text window, Vegas is treating it as one, and the "text typing" effect just repeats.

Trying to recreate the text in a legacy text window, matching the font and size is proving difficult. The protype effect window doesn't list text size as "12, 14, 18, etc" but it's on a slider instead, like 1.45 or 2.33.

I hope this is understandable.

I want my text to display as it's being typed. But, after the effect plays, I just want the text to be stagnant so the audience can read it.

Can anyone help?

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Using Sony Protype Titler - How to allow text to stay on screen longer
on Jul 16, 2016 at 11:52:09 am

[Eric Daley] "I've tried splitting the text window at the point the text displays fully, and stretching the window so the text would be on screen longer, but even though this is technically a separate text window, Vegas is treating it as one, and the "text typing" effect just repeats."
Instead of just stretching it, try make the duration of the Generated Media longer. Open the ProType Titler and at the top you'll see the frame size of the video and an entry field that is labeled Duration. It's probably set for 00:00:10;00 (10 seconds). Make it longer and the text should stay on the screen longer. Of course once you make it longer you will need to extend the event to match the same length.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]