FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas keeps on asking for missing files.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aziz Ajaj
Sony Vegas keeps on asking for missing files.
on Jul 12, 2016 at 6:48:50 am

I installed a new copy of windows 7 and I was working on a project which I tried to open up on Sony Vegas but when ever I open it it asks for missing files which I had already given before ( i saved the project ) , it also displays the files given as 'media offline' and then after 3 to 4 seconds SV just crashes.Happened 7 times.

Return to posts index

Aziz Ajaj
Re: Sony Vegas keeps on asking for missing files.
on Jul 12, 2016 at 6:51:54 am

extra : I also noticed that when it asks for the missing files , usually if the files are in the same folder , you could select 'Yes to all' however I had to individually do each file by it self.

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on Jul 12, 2016 at 3:51:39 pm

[Aziz Ajaj ] "Sony Vegas keeps on asking for missing files."

You did not mention which version of Vegas you are using. Also, is your Windows 7 system up to date with all the latest patches? Are you trying to open up an older project file from an earlier version of Vegas?

Normally when you install Vegas on a system, it is advised you turn off all extra program including Anti-Virus or other programs that have "real-time" protection as these can sometimes cause install issues. Before I install any new program I run Defrag (providing my HDD is the older platter design - spinning)

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

Aziz Ajaj
on Jul 12, 2016 at 5:34:35 pm

Sorry about that ,Sony Vegas 13 the whole time.Checked windows 7 updates and everything is updated.

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on Jul 12, 2016 at 6:29:39 pm

No problem.

Here is your Fix hopefully from this tip given by john dennis: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/showmessage.asp?forumid=4&messag...

"If you see a dialog box and you know where the files are, then check the radio button "Specify a new location or replacement file". That will give you a dialog box where you can navigate to the current location of the files. Once Vegas finds one file, you likely won't have to locate each one if they are in the same folder. Save a version of the project with the new locations and you won't have to go through that again (for a while)."

I think if you read through the whole posts under that link above, you should be able to get this resolved.

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

Aziz Ajaj
on Jul 13, 2016 at 3:32:25 pm

Thank for your efforts , however Sony Vegas started giving me an error about codec , did some research and found a windows 7 codec pack installed it and this time surprisingly only asked for the files once ( I tried the project file multiple times) and all my clips are working as they did before.thanks.

Return to posts index

Francois Blawat
on Jul 13, 2016 at 4:57:22 pm

No problem, glad you got it resolved. Thanks for posting what was your fix in case others have the same/similar issue.

Since you mentioned something about Codecs, do you use the free programs called MediaInfo and/or GSpot v2.70a? They will help you determine what codec if any were used in a media file that you have. For example, I have an .avi file that was encoded with the older DivX 5.2.1. These programs are useful especially if you are unable to play or use them.

- - - - -
FixitMad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]