FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't move flashing bar

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Zabel
Can't move flashing bar
on Jul 10, 2016 at 5:05:23 am

Hello, I just purchased Vegas Pro 13 after using the trial and I have noticed 2 issues. The first is that, unlike the trial, when zooming in, it does not zoom to the flashing bar (sorry I'm new). The other is that I can't move the flashing bar very far past the end of my clip. For example, I have a 30 minute clip and can't move the bar past the 30 minute mark. Are these actually issues and if so how can I fix them? Thank you for any help.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Can't move flashing bar
on Jul 10, 2016 at 10:11:24 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Jul 10, 2016 at 12:31:40 pm

Help me here: Are you saying that the Trial allowed you to move the Flashing Bar - that's the Timeline Cursor - beyond your last Clip (that's an Event)?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Justin Zabel
on Jul 10, 2016 at 1:52:00 pm

Yes, during the trial I could move the timeline cursor as far as I wanted. Hours and hours past the end of my last clip. Now, I can only move about 10 seconds past the last clip or can't move past the end at all.

Return to posts index

Doug Jackson
on Jul 10, 2016 at 4:06:26 pm

I can't recreate this. But there are lots of options under Preferences, one of which may perhaps affect this anomaly. Perhaps the Vegas "Reset" to defaults will fix this for you.

Quit Vegas.

Hold down CTRL+SHIFT while double-clicking on the the Vegas icon to launch it. Continue to hold the CTRL & SHIFT keys until the program is fully up and loaded.

You should see a window that asks “Do you want to reset all preferences to default values?” Place a checkmark next to “Delete all cached application data” and then click Yes.

Regards,
--Doug

Dell Precision T5500
2x Intel Xeon DP E5620 @ 2400MHz; Memory: 22528MB; Chipset:Intel 5520;
Video Card : AMD R9 290x
HDD: Crucial_SSD1 (256GB);WD(1000GB);WD(2000GB)

Return to posts index

Justin Zabel
on Jul 10, 2016 at 5:30:24 pm

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the reply. I tried doing what you said and I still can't move the cursor past the end of the clip. I'll make a quick video so you can see exactly what is happening.

Return to posts index

Justin Zabel
on Jul 10, 2016 at 11:04:44 pm

Ok, here is a link to a video showing what is wrong. I can't get the cursor to move past the end of the clip. Also, when I zoom in, the cursor is all the way on the right edge of the screen, not the middle.

Return to posts index

Doug Jackson
on Jul 11, 2016 at 12:37:00 am

Hi Justin,

OK, so for your 2nd issue: Move the playhead (the timeline cursor) to somewhere other than the end of the event. Then do your zoom in. Should center the cursor.

Now, for the first issue. When I first imported a file into an Untitled project, I could still click past the end of the event.
It was a video file (MOV) but without sound.
Then looking at your sample, I see that you had selected the audio file. So I imported an MP4 with audio and voila can't go past the end of the last event (just like your example).
So I tried a new project with just an WAV file - same: can't go past the end of the WAV event.
Tried a new project with just a PNG -- you can click way past the end if it.
So. maybe the sound files have something to do with it.
But I can drag another file to the end of any of the last events (either append to an existing track or create new tracks) and the timeline expands.
So I'm not sure it's a problem.
Guess I never noticed this behavior in the past.

Regards,
--Doug

Dell Precision T5500
2x Intel Xeon DP E5620 @ 2400MHz; Memory: 22528MB; Chipset:Intel 5520;
Video Card : AMD R9 290x
HDD: Crucial_SSD1 (256GB);WD(1000GB);WD(2000GB)

Return to posts index

Justin Zabel
on Jul 11, 2016 at 1:07:06 am

Doug,

I tried what you tried and inserted different file types and came to the same conclusion. I can move hours past a .png with no sound but only 2 seconds past my recorded gaming clips. I know I could move much farther during the trial, but it is not a huge issue if it can't be fixed. Just my preference to edit in the middle of the timeline.

However, I did find a way to move past the end of my gaming clips and then be able to edit in the middle. If I drag the clip to the right, then back to the beginning of the timeline, I can then move the cursor to the end of where the clip would be if I did not move it back. For example, if I moved a 30 minute clip to the right so it now ended at the 1 hour mark, then moved it back to the beginning so it ended at 30 minutes, I could move the cursor to the 1 hour mark. It only takes about 5 seconds so I don't have a problem doing it. I consider this thread closed.

Thank you for all your help and insight!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]