FORUMS: list search recent posts

How may I configure a shortcut to move the cursor a certain quantity of seconds in the timeline?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xavier Dolz
How may I configure a shortcut to move the cursor a certain quantity of seconds in the timeline?
on Jul 8, 2016 at 11:20:49 am

Hello, I would like to configure a shortcut, a key in which I can configure the number of frames or time (seconds) I want to move the cursor in the timeline.
For example, pressing Control + B (for example) the cursor moves five seconds to the right.
And if I press Shift + B (for example) the cursor moves me 10 seconds on the right.
How may I do this?
Cheers

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: How may I configure a shortcut to move the cursor a certain quantity of seconds in the timeline?
on Jul 8, 2016 at 1:32:30 pm

Ctrl+G then enter your numbers!

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: How may I configure a shortcut to move the cursor a certain quantity of seconds in the timeline?
on Jul 8, 2016 at 3:26:06 pm

If you are using a Pro version of Vegas, the easiest way is through the use of scripts. Since much of my work involves relatively short events, I routinely use 6 scripts to move the cursor right or left 1/2, 1, or 3 seconds. The values can easily be changed to whatever duration you like. Then assign keyboard shortcuts to the individual scripts. If interested, I'll upload the scripts to Dropbox.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Xavier Dolz
on Jul 9, 2016 at 12:58:55 pm

Hi, yes I am very interested.
However I am not very sure about what is a script? I guess it is a set of commands written in a language and VEGAS can load that and perform a function? right?
Never used it.
I am very interested, however, I would have to adapt your scripts... and how may I do that?
I would like to move to the right, the cursor, let's say 1 second.
Is very difficult to do that?
Cheers

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jul 9, 2016 at 3:11:29 pm

Again, are you using Vegas Pro? Scripts will not work in Movie Studio.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Xavier Dolz
on Jul 9, 2016 at 3:14:37 pm

Ups, I am sorry, yes, absolutely I am using SONY VEGAS Pro 13 :D
I would need a script that allow me to advance the cursor 1 second the right for example.
The perfect script I need would, for example.
By pressing ctrl + t the cursor advance 1 second in the timeline
By pressing ctrl + alt + t the cursor advance 5 seconds in the timeline
By pressing ctrl + shift + t the cursor advance 10 seconds in the timeline
That script would save my life
:D

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jul 9, 2016 at 3:37:58 pm

Wayne, those keystrokes may already be taken. No biggie that just a word to wise - yes?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jul 9, 2016 at 4:45:05 pm

@Xavier
Here is the dropbox link that contains the 6 scripts I routinely use.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/29dco1hhg7b0df8/AAB5_98sZL2aojks-YNZjP9wa?dl=0

Simply copy these files into the following folder. C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\Script Menu Then, restart Vegas. To use these files, go to Tools|Scripting. A window will then appear listing the six files plus any others in the script menu folder. Simply select to make sure they are working.

Then assign a unique keyboard shortcut for the scripts you want to use. Go to Options|Customize Keyboard. Type "move" into the "Show commands containing" box, select Global and add your shortcuts. You can use any keystroke combination you choose. My window looks like this.

That's it. You can now test to make sure your keyboard shortcuts are working properly.

If you want to change the duration for a script, you must use a text editor such as Notepad. Simply open the file, go to line 17, and enter the number of your choosing. E.g. if you want to move ahead 5 sec rather than 3 sec, simply change 3 to 5 on line 17 and save. Just make sure that the file maintains the .cs extension.

@Grazie

Wayne, those keystrokes may already be taken. No biggie that just a word to wise - yes?

Yes. If you select a keystroke combination that is already being used, it will be shown in the bottom box in that window.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]