FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas Pro 12 - Render Problem (GPU acceleration?)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony DeGennaro
Sony Vegas Pro 12 - Render Problem (GPU acceleration?)
on Jul 5, 2016 at 9:48:20 pm

Hello all!

I am having a major problem rendering videos in Sony Vegas Pro 12 all of a sudden!

About 2 years ago, I would render my videos using the Sony AVC/MVC (*.mp4;*.m2ts;*.avc): AVCHD 1920x1080-60i Codec, which according to Sony Vegas matches my project settings. However, I would experience this glitch where the video would finish rendering, but when I'd watch it, the end of the video would start to freeze. The audio would play through correctly, but the video would freeze on frames and only update itself maybe every 5 seconds or so.

Someone suggested I turn off the GPU acceleration, so I did. I know render using CPU only. That worked great for 2 years. However, for whatever reason, the problem has returned on me (despite me doing nothing different). Right now, I'm only trying to render a very simple 10 minute video - really nothing special here, I have no idea why my computer would have any problem rendering this video. Simple cuts, no effects (other than Brightness/Contrast).

Are there any other solutions to this problem?

Thank you so much in advance for the help!
Tony

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Sony Vegas Pro 12 - Render Problem (GPU acceleration?)
on Jul 6, 2016 at 1:26:02 am

Your issue sounds more system related than Vegas. Are you using the latest version of Vegas, or the latest build of VP12?

Maybe provide more info in your system os, specs, or medit info.

Not much to go on, since most do not have your problem.

Return to posts index

Anthony DeGennaro
Re: Sony Vegas Pro 12 - Render Problem (GPU acceleration?)
on Jul 6, 2016 at 3:06:59 am

Hey Aaron! Thanks for the help! Turns out I believe I may have resolved the issue - I have been rendering using the AVCHD 1920x1080-60i Codec. However, I had forgotten that a few months ago, I changed the quality of my videos on my video camera to 1440 x1080; so I just rendered the video using the AVCHD 1440x1080-60i Codec. This seems to have fixed it. Do you think the fact that I previously rendered the footage in the 1920x1080 Codec could have caused a problem like I described, or did I just get lucky now?

Thanks so much again for your help, I really appreciate it!
Tony

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]