FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to slide/slip this text effect offset

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale Parsons
How to slide/slip this text effect offset
on Jul 5, 2016 at 5:04:59 pm

After an hour of searching and trying (and I know this was answered before, just can't find it now), I finally give up and ask.... How do I get these text effects synced with the text?

TIA

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: How to slide/slip this text effect offset
on Jul 5, 2016 at 9:02:17 pm

Please supply more info?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Dale Parsons
on Jul 6, 2016 at 7:48:26 am

Thought the pic would have said it all. Notice the text effect is not in sync with the event. Perhaps my symantics are off...

See the 1.5s and .76s etc...

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jul 6, 2016 at 7:59:43 am

[Dale Parsons] "Thought the pic would have said it all."
No, not for me.

Q1] Text Effect. What is a Text Effect? You have some extended Generated Media Text Events. You also have an FX on one of those Events. Are you referring to that? Or maybe you are referring to the Effect you've got within your Text Event: Colour; Positional; Bold; Shadow; Italic?

Q2] Out of Sync (OOS). Where Out Of Sync? Out of sync with what?

Q3] I can't see the final outcome so I don't know what and where this is OOS is happening. So where?

For me, you're going to have to be more specific and detailed. I've been using VP for 14 years, and I don't know at this point what you mean.

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jul 6, 2016 at 8:04:00 am

[Dale Parsons] "Thought the pic would have said it all."
No, not for me.

Q1] Text Effect. What is a Text Effect? You have some extended Generated Media Text Events. You also have an FX on one of those Events. Are you referring to that? Or maybe you are referring to the Effect you've got within your Text Event: Colour; Positional; Bold; Shadow; Italic?

Q2] Out of Sync (OOS). Where Out Of Sync? Out of sync with what?

Q3] I can't see the final outcome so I don't not what and where this is OOS

For me, you're going to have to be more specific and detailed. I've been using VP for 14 years, and I don't know at this point what you mean.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Dale Parsons
on Jul 6, 2016 at 8:15:21 am

Basically where you see the 1.5s and .76s etc... I want those to read 0.00. The text effect (bounce, earthquake etc..etc...) are not in sync with the text coming in.... How to slip/slide those 1.5s and .76s etc... to 0.00. I've done it in the past, can't figure it out now.

Return to posts index

Dale Parsons
on Jul 6, 2016 at 9:13:58 am

Okay... Finally got it.... I needed to hold ALT and slide (slip?) **in a "blank" area of the event/clip (eg, not on edge, or edit generated media/pan scan icons)**... Which I had already tried... Problem was that they were grouped. Ungroup and then was no problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]