FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic HMC-150 - Is AVC-HD Compatible with Sony Vegas?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean Kubasek
Panasonic HMC-150 - Is AVC-HD Compatible with Sony Vegas?
on Jul 2, 2016 at 8:05:39 pm

This might be a stupid question, but i wanted to hear an answer from people who have experience.
I'm in the process of buying a HMC-150 or a HPX-170 i'm trying to decide which one would be better for me. I'm leaning to the hmc-150 because of its records to SD rather than p2 but i'm kind of worried about the AVC-HD Codec

I watched an interview on youtube with a panasonic rep and she mentioned the compatibility/editing of the AVC-HD codec and Vegas was not included in the list of editing systems that work with AVC-HD. She follows that by saying the HPX is compatible everywhere. So i'm just kind of confused. I did a little more research and couldn't find a solid answer.
If anyone has any knowledge on this topic id appreciate it!
Thanks.

Interview with Panasonic rep ---

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Panasonic HMC-150 - Is AVC-HD Compatible with Sony Vegas?
on Jul 3, 2016 at 9:16:50 am

That wont be a problem for Vegas to handle, just make sure you have a decently powerful system.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Jeff Miller
on Jul 3, 2016 at 2:27:43 pm

I have had the HMC-150 for a number of years now and have been using it with Vegas PRO 9 and up and never had a problem. It is a great camera that Vegas PRO handles well.

Return to posts index

Dean Kubasek
on Jul 3, 2016 at 5:47:43 pm

Thank you for the info! I appreciate it!

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Jul 3, 2016 at 7:07:51 pm

The AX100 looks like a better deal if you are going to stay shooting AVC 8-bit material. 4k XAVC-S @100mbs scaled down will look better than either of those cameras. Plus the AX100 can record directly to AVCHD if you prefer to work that way.

Both of the panasonic cameras are pretty behind the times, as is panasonic most of the time lately. Personally, you should be looking at the $5K+ range for a camera that produces a 10-bit video codec, if you want your image to look good in today's standards.

Return to posts index

Dean Kubasek
on Jul 4, 2016 at 6:27:22 pm

Well, I'm not really trying to go the 4k route. I'm working on a project thats going to be shot in 720, 60p, to be honest i want to find a larger style camcorder that can work well with Canon Dslr footage

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]