FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgrading to Vegas 13 ?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Barringer
Upgrading to Vegas 13 ?
on Jun 30, 2016 at 11:55:34 am

I received an email from Magix for an upgrade price of $199 for Vegas 13 with Vegas 14 free. They say Vegas 14 is due out in Sept. 2016. I currently use Vegas Pro 12. I'm only of homeowner users, not professional. I make short Blu Rays of vacations and convert old VHS tapes to Blu Ray with chapters for each event. I've been using Vegas since 2004.
Is it worth it for me to upgrade? I don't own a 4K TV and don't own a 4K camcorder.

Return to posts index

Rick Wise
Re: Upgrading to Vegas 13 ?
on Jun 30, 2016 at 5:40:41 pm

I'm in the same boat, still working with Vegas 12 since it does all I need it to do. However, I am tempted by this offer from Magix. I generally upgrade only every second edition, and this offer does include a "free" version 14 when it comes out in September. The best reason I can think of to accept the offer is that sooner or later I may need to handle newer codecs that version 14 will no doubt be able to ingest. However, I am strongly tempted to wait. I'm sure there's going to be an upgrade option when #14 comes out. We have until July 30, I think, to make up our minds.... There are many things calling for my $200.

Rick Wise
Cinematographer
MFA/BFA Lighting and Camera Instructor Academy of Art University
San Francisco Bay Area
http://www.RickWiseDP.com

Return to posts index

Dan Thompson
on Jun 30, 2016 at 6:54:21 pm

I also do small video projects and transfers. I don't use any newer cameras or have any call for blu-ray. I don't want vegas 13 but I may want something coming out in Vegas 14. I also usually update every other year but I fear they may be pricing me out of any updates. I guess I'll just take a "wait and see" position for now. Vegas 12 does everything I need for now.

Dan Thompson
Owner
D&J's Video Productions
Central and West Michigan

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jun 30, 2016 at 11:15:48 pm
Last Edited By Steve Rhoden on Jun 30, 2016 at 11:17:46 pm

"Is it worth it for me to upgrade?"
Of course it's worth it Greg.
And not to mention every purchase guarantees continued and future
growth and development of Vegas Pro.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Rick Wise
on Jun 30, 2016 at 11:35:12 pm

Really, " every purchase guarantees continued and future
growth and development of Vegas Pro"? Can we get that guarantee in writing? Perhaps, "helps the chance there will be some future growth and development of Vegas Pro" might be a tad more accurate.

If Magix hadn't bought Vegas from Sony, this app would be dying a slow death. It remains to be seen how long and how well Magix will continue growth and development of our beloved NLE. Magix has a tough road ahead to get Vegas recognized among professional editors. Right now, Vegas is almost never mentioned; it's all about Adobe Premiere, Avid, and Final Cut Pro. I suspect the next few years will be do or die time.

Rick Wise
Cinematographer
San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jun 30, 2016 at 11:55:12 pm

You asked "Really" to my statement?
Are you serious? If a software is not being bought or in demand, how on earth you expect
its development to be continued.

Film Maker & VFX Artist.

Return to posts index

Rick Wise
on Jul 1, 2016 at 12:02:39 am

Steve, I respect your work greatly. It was the "guarantees" part that caught my caustic eye. There are no guarantees about almost anything. Certainly not about the future of Vegas.

Rick Wise
Cinematographer
San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Richard Jones
on Jul 1, 2016 at 9:06:24 am

I live in the UK and currently use Pro 12 but have not received this e-mail from Magix or any of the other communications that have been referred to by members since Magix arrived on their white horse. And, yes, I have checked my spam folder!

Any ideas why this might be?

Richard

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jul 1, 2016 at 10:27:13 am

Richard, do you normally receive email notifications from Sony Creative Software
before Magix arrived on their white horse? Or have you signed up over at Magix?

Film Maker & VFX Artist.

Return to posts index

Richard Jones
on Jul 1, 2016 at 10:41:05 am

Thank you Steve. Yes, I often had notes and newsletters from Sony, although not for some time now. I haven't signed up to Magix anywhere.

Richard

Return to posts index

Jorma Nippala
on Jul 1, 2016 at 11:27:14 am

I'm in Europe and my "experiences" with notes and newsletters from "news@vegas.magix.net" are exactly the same as those of Richard Jones. I also have received SCS offers regularly. I might add that the famous "Xara" offer from MAGIX arrived on May 30, closing June 6. I signed up with MAGIX somewhere wuite a few years ago.
The logical reason might of course be that the transition of customer databases is happening gradually.

@Richard and others,
you'll find the link to the VPro 13+14 offer in the "Vegas Pro 13+14 offer" thread on the SCS Vegas Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jul 1, 2016 at 1:37:00 pm

Well maybe because of the gradual transitional phase as Jorma also mentioned.

Film Maker & VFX Artist.

Return to posts index

Setiawan Kartawidjaja
on Jul 1, 2016 at 2:44:21 pm

I'm from Indonesia, South East Asia.

I also don't receive this offer mail. I have subscribed to Magix' newsletter, but the news I received are Summer special promo for Movie Edit Pro:

Don't miss out, act now!

Get the latest version of Movie Edit Pro 2016 as part of this sensational summer offer and create a cinematic experience with your videos!

With this offer, you'll receive these unique extras and start your summer off with a blast!

» Movie Edit Pro 2016
Our best-selling video software with automatic video editing at a special discounted price
» NewBlue Composite Pro
The new pro effects package from NewBlueFX
» MAGIX Song Collection Vol. 2
The latest film music package created by MAGIX

Get MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2016 at a 10 € discount plus the extra add-ons for a total value of 224,98 €

Available now in this one-time offer until July 5, 2016.

Only 59,99 € (regularly 294,97 €)
Learn more | Buy now

Setiawan

Chungs Video Production
Bandung, Indonesia

Return to posts index

Colin Cawley
on Jul 1, 2016 at 6:01:16 pm

I received this email as well, although I was a little confused by the wording. In one section of the email, the writing states '$400 of Vegas 13'. In another section of the email, the writing says 'upgrade your current version of Vegas to Vegas 13.' Is this an 'upgrade' purchase or a 'standalone' purchase?

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Jul 1, 2016 at 7:29:32 pm

BruceUSA posted information to a thread in the Vegas Pro SCS forum, "TimL .. It is outright buy of Vegas Pro 13 and will receive free upgrade of Vegas 14. I took advantage of this offer and I bought it. They did not ask for a serial number of previous version of Vegas Pro. "

Here is the link, it's about the 20th post.....
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/showmessage.asp?forumid=4&messag...

Best Regards.....George

Return to posts index

Jorma Nippala
on Jul 2, 2016 at 9:36:40 am

The following quote is from the MAGIX reply re the MSZen forum owner's question about receiving emails.

"This is the message I got back from Magix:
"At the moment there has been a few small batches of emails that have gone out and many more are going out in stages explaining the new direction things are heading. Unfortunately I have no way to check if you where in that batch of emails."."

Return to posts index

paul rainville
on Jul 5, 2016 at 6:18:26 pm

What about those of us who are already at Vegas 13? Will we be able to upgrade to 14 for free?
Thanks,
Paul

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Jul 5, 2016 at 6:23:27 pm

Hi Paul,

As far as I have heard/read, nothing has been announced for upgrading from 13 to 14.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]