FORUMS: list search recent posts

[I HAVE A PROBLEM] "An error occured while loading the project file. The item was not found" PLEASE!

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Kernou
[I HAVE A PROBLEM] "An error occured while loading the project file. The item was not found" PLEASE!
on Jun 30, 2016 at 3:40:09 am

Please help me... Yesterday I worked really hard on this project (+10 hours) and I planned to finish it today. Yesterday, i could close SV Pro 13 over and over again and re-open it without any problems. Then I turned off my computer for the night and today when I wanted to load my project to finish it I have the error message : "An error occured while loading the project file. The item was not found" :( Please Help I really need to finish this!

- I use Sony Vegas Pro 13
- I already tried to change the ".bak" extension into ".veg" : the same message appeared.
- The videos I put and used for my project came from an external hard drive
- The other .veg projects open with no problem, just the one I want to open can't be opened...
- I don't understand WHY "The itel was not found" when the itel is in the desktop and I double clicked on the item to open the project, so it's supposed to be found?!!!??!!

Please help!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: [I HAVE A PROBLEM] "An error occured while loading the project file. The item was not found" PLEASE!
on Jun 30, 2016 at 4:57:15 am

Ok.

Let me get this clear in my mind. Is the veg you're having issues with need media from that external drive?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Ryan Kernou
Re: [I HAVE A PROBLEM] "An error occured while loading the project file. The item was not found" PLEASE!
on Jun 30, 2016 at 5:30:35 am

yes exactly! but I don't think it's a problem because I can reach those media files easily with my computer! is it?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 30, 2016 at 6:43:29 am

Please do a test for me. Start a New Test Veg and attempt to import any of the media files on that external drive. Save. Close and reopen. If that works, close and reboot PC. Try and reopen the Test veg. What do you get?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jun 30, 2016 at 11:04:22 am

Since some files are on an external hide drive, its a possibility that the external drive letter has been changed.
Check on that also.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Ryan Kernou
on Jun 30, 2016 at 4:59:04 pm

the external drive letter? What does that mean? (I'm french so technic english words are kind of hard for me to understand!)
And if this external drive was corrupted, the media files inside my project would be corrupted, not my project?!?

Return to posts index

Ryan Kernou
on Jun 30, 2016 at 9:33:28 pm

Oh okayyy I see now what is the "external drive letter" maybe it changed? But if it did what does that mean? And how can I change it back?

Return to posts index

Ryan Kernou
on Jun 30, 2016 at 5:04:42 pm

Graham Bernard, I tried what you said, and it worked! Even after shutting down my PC, the test project opened... Why can't be opened the only project I want to :(

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Jun 30, 2016 at 11:41:57 pm

You can also re-link the files if the drive letter changed. Just click Specify a new location or replacement file and direct it to the files on the newly named drive. If there are other files in the same location, Vegas will tell you and you can click yes to all then save the project. You will have to do this for any project that has files from the old drive letter or change the drive letter. Then other projects should load fine.

Danny Hays
Samples of my Work can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ErnestDaniels/videos?view_as=public

Return to posts index

Ryan Kernou
on Jun 30, 2016 at 11:47:18 pm

But that's not the media files inside the project that vegas can't seem to find, it's the project itself! I can not open the .veg project file!

Return to posts index

Ryan Kernou
on Jun 30, 2016 at 11:52:24 pm

and the external drive letter hasn't changed :/ I don't understand why the project won't load...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]