FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matching Video to Audio Hit Points

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al Morello
Matching Video to Audio Hit Points
on Jun 29, 2016 at 5:48:12 pm

I want to edit certain points of action in my video clips to match certain audio hit points. (Like making a music video) Is there a way to go through my clips and insert some sort of "snap to" point? That way, I could just drag my video to the points I want and extend the beginnings and ends to fill the gap?

If I'm thinking about going about it the wrong way, please let me know!

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Matching Video to Audio Hit Points
on Jun 29, 2016 at 6:25:25 pm

I you can snap to markers. Just hit the M key where you want to snap to. Of course you cam name the markers as well. Danny

Danny Hays
Samples of my Work can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ErnestDaniels/videos?view_as=public

Return to posts index

Al Morello
on Jun 29, 2016 at 11:17:04 pm

Thanks for the info. But is there any way to make markers stay with the video clip. Example:

I have a 5 second video clip. I want to hit the action that occurs at 2 seconds into the video clip. I'd like to put in a marker at 2 seconds into the video clip and drag it to a specific point in audio so it snaps at that specific point.

I guess what I could do is find where the action is I want to snap, cut the video clip there, snap it to a specific point in audio, then drag the beginning out again with the handle. Just wondering if there was a better way.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jun 30, 2016 at 2:04:11 am

If you want markers to "stay" with your video clip, then add markers using the Trimmer window. Once you are finished with a clip, make sure you do a Save (last icon on trimmer controls). This creates a *.sfl file which contains the markers. You can then move the clips on the timeline and the markers will move with the clip.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Al Morello
on Jun 30, 2016 at 6:44:20 am

That's what I needed. Thanks to you both!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]