FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony vegas pro 12 with windows 10 hangs on render

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ananda Holenarasipura
Sony vegas pro 12 with windows 10 hangs on render
on Jun 29, 2016 at 9:56:20 am

I have been using Sony Vegas pro 12 quite successfully on windows 7. However, when recently I upgraded my OS to windows 10, I have run into the following problem with Vegas pro 12. I am able to invoke Vegas pro 12 and successfully do my editing. However, as soon as I hit "file/render as" button the program hangs, the circular cursor keeps rotating and nothing happens. When I open the task manager it says "vegas pro not responding". Based on the solutions for similar problem I read from the net, I did the following:

1. On Windows 10 "windows features turn off and on" I turned on .net frame work.
2. On vegas pro, properties I set compatibility to Vista.
3. On vegas pro, pressing ctr+shift, clicking on options-preferences-internal, changed "Enable multi-core rendering for play back" to FALSE.
4. On vegas pro, turned OFF Gpu accelerator.
5. Also tried running pro as an administrator.
None of the above helped.
My Vegas pro 12 version is BUild 563, 64 bit.
OS is Windows 10 Pro.
Can anyone please help me? I am getting frustrated and even thinking of reverting to windows 7 if nothing works.
Thanks in advance,
Ananda

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Sony vegas pro 12 with windows 10 hangs on render
on Jun 29, 2016 at 10:48:43 am

Hmm... You're running a relatively early Build of VP12 to the most recent of Build770, and that page was updated in November 2013. You can go here and read the various Build updates white paper.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Ananda Holenarasipura
on Jun 29, 2016 at 1:16:52 pm

Thanks Bernard for your very quick reply. I installed build 770 and tried rendering. The same problem exists.
Ananda

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 29, 2016 at 2:02:32 pm

Close Vegas. Reboot PC and try again.

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Jun 29, 2016 at 2:30:17 pm

Grazie is nice for helping you with little to go on, other than what you have tried. In the future, listing info on your hardware specs, video media type rendering from and to, and Vegas project settings would help.

You may need to manually update GPU, and other motherboard drivers to the latest version under Win10. Win10 is extremely stable with good hardware, and may not need compatibility settings enabled for a version of Vegas only one step back.

I would run some low level tests like Memtest86+ from a boot DVD/USB, and verify that your system memory is 100% error free.

Process all Win10 updates, Rebooting as many times as it takes, and always run the latest version of Vegas downloaded from Sony/Magix.

Check the Windows System and App Logs for errors with hardware and applications, then hit google for answers.

Do an "SFC /scannow" from an admin command prompt, to verify your Win10 install, then correct any issues found.

Win10 is highly stable with Vegas, and most problems are a between desk and chair problem, with purchasing choice of system hardware leading that list under that topic.

Return to posts index

Ananda Holenarasipura
on Jun 29, 2016 at 2:35:52 pm

Hi Grazie,
I figured out what was wrong. I remembered that long back I had a similar problem when I upgraded to version 12 from 11. I had to disable some two microsoft window services. After going through my old notes I found out that the services to be disabled were Windows Font Cache and Windows Presentation Foundation Cache 3.0.0.0 Funnily I found that in windows10 they were disabled by default but were shown as running. I first enabled them and then disabled them and applied the changes. This seems to make the trick. Now Vegas is working fine. Thank you once again and sorry for bothering you.

Ananda

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 29, 2016 at 2:51:03 pm

[Ananda Holenarasipura] " I first enabled them and then disabled them and applied the changes. "
Yes, this is something I've had when thinking that a function has been disabled or enabled.

Glad you're up and running. And no, you haven't bothered me. In fact your "notes" have made their way onto my own "checklist". Great to share.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Eric Dettman
on Jun 29, 2016 at 7:57:45 pm

Was just about to reply to this with the same solution when I saw the OP already solved the issue. The conflict with Windows Font Cache and Windows Presentation Foundation Cache was resolved in the current version, but you ran into it since you are using the previous version. Glad to hear this worked out for you.

MAGIX see.feel.hear.create

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]