FORUMS: list search recent posts

Plugins? 3 Split screen video?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Ferri
Plugins? 3 Split screen video?
on Jun 27, 2016 at 11:59:19 pm

I've been using Vegas for years, and have been creating split screen videos manually with masking. But I was wondering if there was an easier way. Some type of plugin that automatically splits the video into 3 sections, where I can set different images into each section and scale them etc....

This would be great because I could zoom in and out of the images within their own sections without them ever overlapping. I was using Final Cut Pro X the other day and was using this (http://store.pixelfilmstudios.com/product/translice-split/)

Any plugins that would do something similar with Sony Vegas? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Plugins? 3 Split screen video?
on Jun 28, 2016 at 1:53:08 am

See if this works for you. It's free.

http://www.davitools.com/

wwaag

Return to posts index

Daniel Ferri
on Jun 28, 2016 at 3:38:01 pm

That looks like it'll be great thanks!

However, I'm not sure which folder to put that .dll file in?

To add a plugin to Sony Vegas 13, where do I place a .dll file?

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jun 28, 2016 at 4:17:19 pm

Place the .dll and .png files in the following location:

C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Roaming\Sony\Vegas Pro\Application Extensions

Restart Vegas and you should see DaviTools under View|Extensions|DaviTools VideoWall. Good luck.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Daniel Ferri
on Jun 28, 2016 at 4:27:30 pm

Thanks a lot, I'm making progress....

I've gotten all the way to C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Roaming\Sony\Vegas Pro\.... but once I'm in Vegas Pro, I have a 13.0 folder, and then inside there there is no Application Extensions folder, there's 5 files like "normal edit mode layout, keyboard, expand edit mode etc....

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jun 28, 2016 at 4:32:08 pm

Then create a new folder named "Application Extensions" (without quotation marks) in the Vegas Pro folder and place the .dll and .png files in that folder. By doing so, those extensions would be available to any other versions of Vegas that you might have.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Daniel Ferri
on Jun 29, 2016 at 12:53:40 am

It worked! Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jun 29, 2016 at 2:03:07 am

Glad it's working for you. I haven't used it in quite awhile and not with V13. Good to know it works with latest version.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jun 29, 2016 at 8:23:51 pm

This was a great plugin, it's a pity the developer didn't continue to develop and enhance this extension.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Terry Hogan
on Jul 20, 2016 at 11:30:57 pm
Last Edited By Terry Hogan on Jul 21, 2016 at 2:45:37 pm

I tried this plugin in Vegas Pro 13. It created the screen for the first track alright. However, when I added another channel to create a screen for the second video track it does not seem to affect the second track of video. The second track remains full screen. Is there something that I am missing?
How have since found that after closing Vegas Pro 13 and restarting the program that I was able to get the plugin to work properly.

Return to posts index

Edward Troxel
on Jul 20, 2016 at 12:21:08 am

NewBlue has a split screen effect.

Edward Troxel

Return to posts index

Glenn Thomas
on Jul 21, 2016 at 11:48:53 am

That plugin looks quite decent.

What I would do though, is just save presets for different sizes and alignments in the pan crop window of a track. So if you wanted the screen split vertically in 3 tall 'snapchat' style screens, you could have one track for the left side, another track for the middle, and the last for the right.

Which is how I did this video entirely in Vegas, with the deform plugin to bend the shape of the screens -

The frame, floor and chair parts were just photoshop. With the 3 tracks set up for a screen each, it was easy to just drop the footage into each. No need to use After Effects for stuff like this :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]