FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony vegas artifacting on transition

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dalton Kelso
Sony vegas artifacting on transition
on Jun 27, 2016 at 7:00:12 pm

My goal is to render raw footage from OBS (open broadcaster software) and export it to Sony vegas where i can cut footage, sync my personal voice audio, and export as MP4. However I have a problem. I record in OBS at 1080P, 60FPS, and export with sony vegas at 1080P, and either 59.9 or 60 FPS. Whenever I look at my raw footage in VLC media player i get there weird artifacts whenever I start the video or move around in it. It's a black pixelation that lasts anywhere from 0.5 to 5 seconds and is extremely disruptive. It resolves itself fairly soon but in nonetheless annoying.

When I import my footage to sony vegas I have the same problem, using the "CompoundPlug" IO plugin (the default plugin) I get the same artifacting problem. I searched for a solution and eventually i found some person who renamed the plugin in the IO plugins folder
(C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\FileIO Plug-Ins)
and eventually whatever problem he had was fixed. Well, i tried that.

After renaming the plugin I got the same problem, but the transition artifact was different. Instead of black pixelation I got this weird green artifact that was equally disruptive and lasted the same duration. I then renamed THAT plugin (mcmp4plug2) and it gave me another one(qt7plug) which also has the same problem, except the artifacting on this one is just pixelation with no colour.

(Also feel free to ask for any settings for OBS or vegas you might need)

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Sony vegas artifacting on transition
on Jun 30, 2016 at 11:09:23 am

Anyway you cut it, video source captured with what you are using is gonna be problematic in Vegas
and also in any other NLE you use!

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]