FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black Bars DURING & AFTER Rendering.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Moam
Black Bars DURING & AFTER Rendering.
on Jun 25, 2016 at 11:39:26 am

Hello,

I'm having an issue with rendering out my video. During editting, the preview window shows the gameplay with no black bars but when rendering it has black bars. The black bars appear in the rendered video also.

This only happens for the game Counter-Strike: Global Offensive for me, could I get any help?

Video showing project settings and the black bars:

Thanks in advance!

Note: Yes I have black bars in the video linked above but I didn't render it via sony vegas :)

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Black Bars DURING & AFTER Rendering.
on Jun 25, 2016 at 5:04:24 pm

The problem is your project settings. The aspect ratio (width/height) is 1.6. To completely fill the screen, it must be 1.78 or 16:9. Moreoever, you have a very odd frame rate--40 fps? If you choose a standard template it will render at 30 fps and you will get some ghosting unless you disable smart resample.

wwaag

Return to posts index

James Moam
on Jun 27, 2016 at 11:33:22 pm

I tried recording and editting with the widthxheight: 1920 x 1080 which I'm told is 16:9. This didn't work, it put the video in the middle of the screen with alot of black surrounding it.

So, how exactly am I supposed to fix this? And thanks for pointing out the FPS issue, didn't notice that.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jun 27, 2016 at 11:56:12 pm

So, how exactly am I supposed to fix this?

If your source footage has an aspect of ratio of 1.6 and you want to render to a widescreen 16:9 template, there are only 3 options: (1) crop the top and bottom of the source footage so that the screen is filled; (2) live with the black bars on either side of the image; or (3) stretch the image in the horizontal so that the screen is filled in which case the image is distorted. Those are the only options. In the future, make sure that you capture/record the image with a widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio to start with and you won't have this problem.

wwaag

Return to posts index

James Moam
on Jun 29, 2016 at 7:39:12 pm

I have the game resolution as 1680x1050, my resolution is 1680x1050 and sony vegas' edit resolution is 1680x1050. I don't understand why that isn't full screen, I tried with all those settings as 1600x900 & 1980x1080 as I believe they're 16:9 but it still wasn't fullscreen.

Help? :(

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jun 29, 2016 at 9:06:08 pm

I have the game resolution as 1680x1050

This is your problem. Your game resolution is NOT the usual 16:9 or 1.78. If you want widescreen, then you must capture it with the same aspect ratio. Otherwise, you will get the black bars or have to crop it--those are your choices.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]