FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting veg files to another editor

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Susan Harding
Exporting veg files to another editor
on Jun 23, 2016 at 2:44:19 am

Hi guys, Is it possible for two editors (on different computers) using different versions of Sony Vegas Pro to work on the same project? I have Sony Vegas Pro 13 and I have an editor who has Sony Vegas Pro 11. I asked him to export a veg file to me, so I could finish editing it. All of the video files appear, but none of the effects do (color correction, stabilization etc). Is there anything we could do differently so the effects show up too? If he were to update to Pro 13, then would the effects show up, if he exported the veg file to me? Thanks so much for your help!

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Exporting veg files to another editor
on Jun 23, 2016 at 7:15:07 pm

It would be wise to just upgrade the Vegas 11 user to VP13 latest build.

Along with the Media files and edit.VEG file, you would want to share your presets for effects in such away they appear on the other computer.

Sony used to make a preset manager, but then changed the location of presets, which rendered it useless and it only works for audio presets.

vegasaur.com/vegas-presets-manager - might work with VP11&13 presets, but I am not positive.

If you know how to work the regedit (registry editor,) you can save your presets out to a .reg file, and move them to the other computer. Presets are under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DirectShow\Presets -- Here again, the same version of software may be need, or you would need to verify the presets are moved over correctly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]