Animating / Keyframing with Cookie Cutter

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gama Strode
Animating / Keyframing with Cookie Cutter
on Jun 21, 2016 at 9:52:10 pm
Last Edited By Gama Strode on Jun 21, 2016 at 10:03:01 pm

Hello,
I am having trouble figuring out how to Animate/keyframe the cookie cutter tool.
I'm trying to 'cut' a 'hole' in the video, which will move along with the subject's face, and I want to fill that 'hole' with another face, basically.

-I apply the effect
-click on 'Center'...
-click on 'Animate'...
-I choose the starting position of the Effect.

Here is where I have trouble.
-I click on the Main Timeline, slowly scrolling through each frame, dragging the Center on the Video Preview to desired location. However, when I do this, I see no new keyframes on the FX Timeline, in fact, the FX Timeline will remain stationary at the beginning of the video, whilst I have been scrolling through the Main Timeline moving the Cookie Cutter center.

-When I try to animate the Cookie Cutter in the FX Timeline, i can successfully move the cutter around, but I can't see where i'm moving it to on the Video Preview. All I see moving on the Video Preview is the Crosshair, where the center would be. the Video Preview remains stationary while I scroll through the FX Timeline, thus preventing me from seeing any changes I make until Playback.

Does this make sense to anyone? Do you understand my question?
I have a hard time articulating my problem. Let me know if this needs clarification.
Thanks alot for help

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Animating / Keyframing with Cookie Cutter
on Jun 22, 2016 at 12:13:35 am

You neglected to enable (click on) the Sync Cursor to Media Timeline button.
It's at the bottom left of the FX window and looks like an I with a lock next to it.
Do this and each time you move your cursor you'll see it move in the timeline as well as the Preview Window.
Be advised that each time you make any change a new keyframe will be created, sometimes inadvertently so be careful :)

Return to posts index

Gama Strode
on Jun 22, 2016 at 5:35:13 pm

thank you very much.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Jun 22, 2016 at 6:05:11 pm

You're very welcome. Glad I could help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>