FORUMS: list search recent posts

ZOOM H1 Low Input, Sony Vegas audio synchronize

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gennady Gaidukevich
ZOOM H1 Low Input, Sony Vegas audio synchronize
on Jun 21, 2016 at 5:25:16 pm

Hello, I have recorded video and separate audio with Zoom H1. I used Low Input for recording that and now I have problem: when I imported that file in Sony Vegas it looks like its empty (though its not) and its very hard to sync with audio from camera because I cant orientate. Somebody help!

Screenshot: http://i5.imageban.ru/out/2016/06/21/623ad28c50b000edded7c05d34df8b5a.png

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: ZOOM H1 Low Input, Sony Vegas audio synchronize
on Jun 21, 2016 at 5:42:43 pm

When faced with similar problems, my solution is to render out just the audio track after boosting the level up to +12 at the track level. If you need it louder than that (and my guess is that you will), boost the master fader too for another 12 db of gain.
Use the WAV 48K mono (or stereo if you need it) preset for this render.
Be advised that, due to the very low level, you may end up increasing audio noise so try it with just one gain boost first. Listen to it and decide if you can/need to boost it more or not.

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Jun 21, 2016 at 8:39:20 pm

Right click on the audio - Goto "switches" and click on "Normalize"....this will bring your hottest level up to 0dB and also let you see the waveform better.

Do you have Sound Forge as well? Sometimes you may need to go into the audio file and "chop off" some of the high level (if there are clicks or clapping/etc) that are NOT important aspects of the audio you need, to allow the visual representation of the wave to be big enough to sync with your other audio.

Also, zooming in horizontally will give you a larger view of the audio as well.

Good luck!

Xavier (Scott) Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Jun 21, 2016 at 8:59:32 pm

Sorry, I meant zooming in vertically...

Xavier (Scott) Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>