FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lightroom in Vegas

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Charles
Lightroom in Vegas
on Jun 19, 2016 at 5:13:49 am

When photo editing I can achieve whatever look I'm going for in Lightroom - using the individual Hue/Saturation/Luminance settings for each color by itself. How can I achieve this in Vegas? - I know that the Color Curves plugin has RGB but I am looking for something that does Hue/Saturation/Luminance. - I don't want to use the stock Saturation or Luminance plugins because that just does an overall the image not a specific "blue" that I could raise the saturation on yet keeping the greens the same but adjusting luminance on green only, etc. that I find that would give me the overall quality control I'm looking for -

- Side note- using the Color Match plugin in Vegas If I took a screen grab of my video from vegas - opened that jpeg in lightroom - proceeded to edit exactly how I wanted to - then used that as the file to "match" my colors - however this is way too much rendering time -

Any help is appreciated!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Lightroom in Vegas
on Jun 19, 2016 at 9:29:10 am

[Derek Charles] "When photo editing I can achieve whatever look I'm going for in Lightroom"

Well, you've got 2 options I can think of:

1] Secondary Sony Colour Corrector.

or...

2] Open in the graphic editor of your choice script.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Derek Charles
on Jun 19, 2016 at 11:59:34 pm

Thank you,

The Color corrector secondary definitely skipped by me - however if I want to choose just the blue by selecting that range in the color wheel - do I have to open another Color corrector secondary tab to work on the greens and so forth for the inidividual colors? Because if I click another color it just changes that color and gets rid of the blues I was working on. OR is it possible to do all the colors separately in one single Color Corrector secondary tab

Also I dont know what you mean by option two -

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 20, 2016 at 10:16:26 am

1] Separately

2] Have you used the Scripting tool set in VP? If you have, then Wayne Waag provided me/us with a script with the option to open Graphics in the choice of editor available > do corrections > have it returned to VP as a new TAKE. - Marvelous!

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jun 20, 2016 at 4:14:44 pm

Another option is to use AAV Color Lab, a freeware Fx. You can adjust HSL along the six primaries and also make white balance and levels adjustments. Unlike the color curves Fx in Vegas, AAV Color Lab can be animated. It can be found here. http://aav6cc.blogspot.com/ There are both 32 and 64 bit versions. It works well with Nvidia GPUs but I recall reading that it doesn't work for AMD cards. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Derek Charles
on Aug 17, 2016 at 9:08:16 am

Thank you very much for this - AAV has been helping me out a lot in the past month.
1 problem - the "balance" slider is greyed out unable to use...
I'm wanting that to be an overall amount of the effect vs the original.
I'm having the same problem with Luts, Sometimes they are too strong in Vegas and I want to "decay them" a bit... have a lesser effect

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Aug 18, 2016 at 3:01:40 pm

1 problem - the "balance" slider is greyed out unable to use...

Did you mean "blend" slider? I have no idea exactly what this was supposed to do. A look at the website reveals that the "blend" slider was intentionally grayed out and that it was supposed to be eliminated on the release of V 1.1, which sadly never happened.

I'm wanting that to be an overall amount of the effect vs the original.

If I understand what you mean, you could always duplicate the track, apply the FX to the top track, and then apply a composite level envelope to control the blending. If it's just a single event, you could use the opacity control.

No idea about use of LUTS.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Derek Charles
on Aug 24, 2016 at 8:38:39 am

Yes, sorry , the blend slider - I have learned this is the same thing as an "intensity" effect -
I am trying to use this for LUTS I put on tracks - I don't want the intensity of the Lut to be so strong some times.
Wish I could lower it to 75% or so -
I see this option available in the Lumetri in Premiere -
I use VisionColor as a plugin in Vegas -

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]