FORUMS: list search recent posts

update

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joost Zeeveneegelbeek
update
on Jun 17, 2016 at 11:36:20 am

My Vegas Pro 12 is very slow, despite upgrading my computer. Now it wouldn't render and suggested an update. I performed the update, but now VP12 doesn't start at all. Can I not use Magix updates on Sony products? Why won't it start? there is no error code or anything. Nothing happens.

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: update
on Jun 17, 2016 at 4:09:13 pm

Hi Joost,

"Can I not use Magix updates on Sony products?"

How did you apply a Magix upgrade to your Vegas Pro 12? Did you download the upgrade from the Sony website? If so, that is Sony, not Magix. Magix hasn't as yet published any updates or upgrades for Vegas.

What build of Vegas Pro 12 did you update to? Have you recently upgraded to Windows 10 with your new computer? If so, did you do a clean install of Windows 10 and then a clean install of Vegas Pro 12?

Best Regards.....George

Return to posts index

Joost Zeeveneegelbeek
on Jun 19, 2016 at 2:47:35 pm

Hi George,

I did download the upgrade from the Sony website. It is version 2.0.770(01). That's what it says in my list of downloads.
I am still working with Windows 7 64 bit, which previously (after my upgrade to i7) seemed to work fine.
I did do a clean re-install of 7 not too long ago, when I switched to an SSD to speed up the system.

Does this help?

Best regards,
Joost

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Jun 19, 2016 at 5:11:30 pm

Hi Joost,

I'm still confused. The latest version of Vegas Pro 12 is build 770. The latest version of Vegas Pro Suite is build 394.

Are you by any chance updating Vegas Pro Production Assistant? The latest Vegas Pro Production Assistant is listed as 2.0.11.

Nothing I see on Sony Creative Software Update page matches your version 2.0.770(01).

Is there anything else you can add?

Sorry I'm not providing a solution.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

Joost Zeeveneegelbeek
on Jun 19, 2016 at 7:21:49 pm

Hi George,

On http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/updates/vegasfamily you will find an update for Vegas Pro 12, listed as version 12 build 770, available in several languages. This is the one I chose. In my download folder it appeared as described.
When I ran the update, I got the screen message asking whether I wanted to replace the earlier version of Vegas. Do you get this message also if you don't have the production assistant on your computer yet but have Vegas Pro 12 and DVD Architect instead?

Best regards,
Joost

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Jun 19, 2016 at 8:57:00 pm

Hi Joost,

OK, so you have a clean install of Windows 7, and upgraded from a previous build of Vegas Pro 12 to the current problem build of 770, is that correct?

I just downloaded and installed Vegas Pro 12 build 770 and had no problem installing it or launching it. That would imply there is nothing wrong with your upgrade download from Sony Creative Software.

Have you tried a reset? To reset.......while holding down both Ctrl and Shift keys, double left click on the Vegas Pro 12 desktop icon. If the Reset window appears, check mark the Delete Cached Application Data, then left click on Yes.

If that doesn't get Vegas Pro 12 started, maybe there is something else in your system that is blocking the launch. If Vegas Pro starts to load, but ultimately fails, watch the splash screen and determine which part of the program it is launching when it stops. This could be a clue.

What version and build of Vegas Pro did you update from?

Do you have an OS restore point saved prior to the start-up problems you are having? If so, perhaps rolling your system back may be an option to try.

Have you made any OS updates prior to the initial problems starting? Perhaps uninstalling those OS updates may be an option to explore.

I would suggest you list your system specs and as much detail about the problem and the things you have tried and hopefully another member, more familiar with version 12 and your system could make some recommendations. Sorry I can't be of any help at this point.

Best Regards.......George

Return to posts index

Joost Zeeveneegelbeek
on Jun 20, 2016 at 9:46:03 am

Hi George,

Thanks for all your effort.
I tried resetting, but it didn't help. Vegas didn't seem to start up at all. No splash screen or anything.
I tried other buttons to start it, but none of them worked.
There was a restore point, but from a few weeks back, after which I had also installed other software.
So all considered, I thought it would be faster just to remove Vegas and reinstall it. Now it works again, though still slow. It doesn't play HD video smoothly at all. So I still have to find out what is the cause of that.

Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it.

Best regards,
Joost

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Jun 20, 2016 at 3:06:27 pm

Hi Joost,

If the slow, is related to the preview playback speed, have you checked Options > Preferences > Video Tab > Dynamic RAM Preview? By default this is set to 200, but sometimes setting it to '0' will help improve playback speed. As well as, turning 'Off', or 'On' GPU acceleration of video processing (requires a restart of Vegas to take effect) depending on the GPU you using. Also, in Project Properties is your 'pixel format:' set to '8 bit'? If it is set to one of the '32 bit Floating Point settings it will usually struggle to preview at full speed. And, depending on the GPU card, you may want to check if you have the latest driver.

On my old computer the only way I can get Best (full) or Best (half) preview playback full speed is to use an intermediate Cineform file.

I'm using a Nvidia GTX 460 card and have it rolled back a couple of driver updates, as the latest drivers reduce performance.

Just some ideas as you search for solutions to get your Vegas Pro 12 back where it was in performance, Best of Luck.

Best Regards.......George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]