FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shortcut for Fx bypassed and copy paste effect ?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothée Ferreol
Shortcut for Fx bypassed and copy paste effect ?
on Jun 17, 2016 at 2:21:33 am

Hey,

I'm constantly using fx bypass with the mouse and copy and pasting effects from a clip to another, with the mouse too, would there be a way to get/create a shortcut of these please ?

If you want to check out my work =) : https://vimeo.com/timof

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Shortcut for Fx bypassed and copy paste effect ?
on Jun 17, 2016 at 3:06:48 pm

I'm not sure I understand your question, but if you want to copy the effects from one event and apply it to others, the simplest way is to first copy the event with the desired effect, then select the events that you want the effects applied to, place cursor over one of selected events, right-click and select Paste Events Attributes. The copied effect will then be applied to all of the selected events.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jun 18, 2016 at 10:52:06 pm

Shortcut of what? Cause i am not understanding too clearly what you are looking for.
And what you seem to be doing is already a shortcut.
Anyway, Wayne has pointed out a suggestion from what we drew from your question!

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Setiawan Kartawidjaja
on Jun 19, 2016 at 1:11:05 am

I think what OP asking is a keyboard shortcut for turning on/off FX Bypass, and also Copy-pasting FXs.

Setiawan

Chungs Video Production
Bandung, Indonesia

Return to posts index

Timothée Ferreol
on Jul 2, 2016 at 9:13:56 pm

It's exactly this indeed ;)

If you want to check out my work =) : https://vimeo.com/timof

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jul 2, 2016 at 11:06:02 pm

If that's what you want, you need two different shortcuts. The first, bypass or enable FX, can most easily be done now if you have Vegasaur. Under the Effects windows, there are radio buttons for both ByPass FX and Enable FX that can be applied to all video events or selected events. It's not free, but for me at least, it's an indispensable part of my toolbox. Alternatively, a simple script could be written to ByPass or Enable FX for either all or just selected events.

The second shortcut, paste events attributes, can already be done within Vegas. Just create a new keyboard shortcut. Inside the Customize keyboard window, first select Global. Then type "paste" in the "Show commands containing" window. The first line to pop up is Edit.PasteEventAttributes. Assign a new shortcut key and you're done. This assumes that you have already "copied" (Ctrl--C) a selected event with the desired effects. Now you can use a keyboard shortcut rather than doing a right-click, PasteEventAttributes with the mouse.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]