FORUMS: list search recent posts

can no longer use selection tool while going through video

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eric adler
can no longer use selection tool while going through video
on Jun 15, 2016 at 5:00:46 pm

So I edit audio while playing through the video to speed up the editing process, in other words I hit "s" while it's vegas is playing the video through the timeline and mark the beginning and ending of the audio track that I wish to edit. As of today, the "s" key is no longer responsive during playback, if I am not playing the video, it works just fine. This is going to add even more time to the labor intensive editing process so please if there any suggestions, that would be great!

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: can no longer use selection tool while going through video
on Jun 15, 2016 at 5:52:15 pm

Hi Eric,

It appears either you, or something along the way removed the keyboard assignment of the 's' key. If you do a program reset, it should retore the factory defaults and the 's' key should then function as normal.

Close down Vegas. Hold down the Shift and Ctrl keys. While holding them down, double left click the the Vegas desktop icon. A pop up window will ask if you want to reset. Before clicking 'yes', check the box to delete all chached application data, then left click 'yes'. Your Vegas should start-up with the original factory installed configuration.

Before doing a reset you could also check to see if the 's' key is still set to perform the split function.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

eric adler
Re: can no longer use selection tool while going through video
on Jun 15, 2016 at 11:03:36 pm

Well I got lucky, I shut the application down and opened it back up to do a restore default and low and behold the 's' key is now performing as it should while the timeline is playing.

Thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]