FORUMS: list search recent posts

Comparisons of various render settings in Vegas/Handbrake/Powerdirector

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tom ross
Comparisons of various render settings in Vegas/Handbrake/Powerdirector
on Jun 10, 2016 at 7:57:31 pm
Last Edited By tom ross on Jun 10, 2016 at 7:58:59 pm

I recently posted a question re artifacts I was getting rendering 4K footage from my new hexacopter using Main Copncept in Vegas.

I got some good advice (as always here) to try Handbrake and install the one click script for it in Vegas.

I did this and found it did work but was much slower using Handbrake through Vegas than Handbrake in isolation (it was just the original 4K footage from the sd card dropped into the Vegas timeline but no further editing done)

I also recently bought Cyberlink Powerdirector 14 and I must say I really like the feel of it...am not sure what it lacks compared to Vegas but being just an occasional amateur user I think I will only skim the surface of each program.

The thing I like about Powerdirector is the SVRT feature where it only renders the bits of the timeline that dont match the required render profile so speeding things up massively....also it was only 52GBP for the Ultimate version on disc :)

Anyway I have been ages doing loads of different renders using different bitrates/speeds etc in Vegas/Handbrake/Powerdirector and uploaded all the results to a playlist in my youtube channel to compare results

The description of what I did on each one is given fully in it's description.

It's probably the most boring playlist on youtube :) (I dont think it will get as many views as the Chewbacca Mask lady :) )but may be of interest to have a peep at.

Anything I may be doing wrong etc feel free to post here or on the youtube files.

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLERWlVtFAxB5uMCBCZDXWFe0uDDBCF6ms

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]