FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mp4 file crashes Vegas Pro 11, restarted program now Freezes right after Opening

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blayde Stone
Mp4 file crashes Vegas Pro 11, restarted program now Freezes right after Opening
on May 27, 2016 at 12:15:26 pm

Good morning, been working on a sizable project and had Sony Vegas Pro 11 crash.
I have autosave selected,and actually manually save about every five to Ten minutes.
I restarted program and it loads and opens... But the program freezes about 10 seconds after opening. Before all this started happening, I had imported a Camtasia MP4 file into Vegas... Which seemed to reap havoc with Sony Vegas operation, I went into computer and removed the MP4 file, but sorry to say this project still opens and freezes. I also tried opening a Vegas backup file..no go also The deadline is coming near to complete the project in a few days, so your input would be helpful thank you.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Mp4 file crashes Vegas Pro 11, restarted program now Freezes right after Opening
on May 29, 2016 at 1:06:12 pm

Normally I would suggest to remove the offending MP4 files and see if that fixes the problem but you've already done that and it didn't work.

Your project may have gotten corrupt somehow. It's always good to save long projects at several stages so that you can go back and at least recover some of your work.

Make sure that you have the latest version of Vegas Pro 11. (personally I never used Vegas Pro 11 because it was too buggy. I went from 10 right to 12 for my production work).

You can try starting a new project in one instance of Vegas Pro and then open the bad project in another instance and try and select all, copy and paste into the new project before the old one crashes.

Alternately, download the trial of Vegas Pro 13.0 and see if it can open the project without crashing. (did I mention Vegas Pro 11 was buggy?)

Good Luck,

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Blayde Stone
Re: Mp4 file crashes Vegas Pro 11, restarted program now Freezes right after Opening
on May 29, 2016 at 8:51:49 pm

Thanks John, will certainly take this into consideration,(did I mention that Vegas Pro 11 is buggy!!)
Gotcha'... I think we have gotten this resolved by changing the GPU settings in properties, as someone else suggested. Think I'll hold out for Vegas Pro 14 version.. this looks promising from what I have read. BTW Yes I do have the latest version of Vegas Pro 11. However I will try starting any new project in Vegas Pro and then open the bad project in another instance and etc...... also a trial version of Vegas Pro 13. Your input is always appreciated thank you and Blessings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]