FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgrade from Pro 12 to 13

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael West
Upgrade from Pro 12 to 13
on Apr 25, 2016 at 3:46:41 am

Big dilemma. I have been using Vegas Pro 12 for quite a while and have been since 6 or 7, can't remember. I didn't go for Pro 13 because I wasn't really doing much beyond HD video editing and had a nVidia 560ti, a decent video card but I don't think does much for preview or encoding over the i7-3770K that I've got as my CPU now.

I'm having challenges with video previews editing 1080p 60FPS video and was wondering whether to put the 560ti back in and if it would even make any difference. Thus came the question about upgrading to Vegas Pro 13 and whether this product is really just showing its age, as much as I love it, the power it still has and an interface that is much easier than it seems to work with.

Problem is nobody knows if Vegas Pro 14 is a myth and what it really means. Getting a new video card won't really help until the lineup is able to take advantage of newer video cards that may help. I may be editing 4k video (probably taking it down to 1080p and using it to better manage stabilization). I'm at that crossroads and was wondering what the local pros think.

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: Upgrade from Pro 12 to 13
on Apr 25, 2016 at 2:38:38 pm

HI Michael,

I have version 13 only, so I can't be of much help in the caomparison of ver 12 upgrade to ver 13. However here is an article (posted by others) that may be helpful in your decision making. Interestingly, the test they performed was with version 12.

https://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/SonyVideoCards.htm

Best Regards.....George

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Apr 25, 2016 at 2:39:36 pm

Ops...here is the link

Sony Video Cards

Return to posts index

Michael West
on May 1, 2016 at 1:05:57 am

Thanks much, George. Interesting... makes me wonder whether there is even a need to upgrade from 12 to 13. Right now it seems to just be a $150 upgrade without anything I can identify that is a significant enough upgrade. And right now v14 is in limbo and no one knows if and when it might come out and whether it will be something to move to for a while. Perhaps just investing in a video card might be a good idea... looking at current systems they aren't really a ton faster than my i7-3770k.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]