FORUMS: list search recent posts

helicopter blades?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andy abulafia
helicopter blades?
on Mar 14, 2016 at 2:43:18 pm

Hi guys, any thoughts on how to best handle a little movie which has a few clips showing a helicopter taking off? The rotor blades are very jerky and quite unpleasant to watch... :-)

recorded @ 1080 60p on a Sony HDR-CX430V

I am planning to render to BD / NTSC.

thanks!
andy

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: helicopter blades?
on Mar 15, 2016 at 9:11:32 pm

Hi Andy,

Can you provide a sample or perhaps a more detailed explanation of what "very jerky and quite unpleasant" is?

Are you talking about the rolling shutter jello effect of your Sony HDR cmos sensor? Or, perhaps it's a stabilization issue?

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

andy abulafia
on Mar 16, 2016 at 10:29:12 pm

Hi George- you know, I think it is rolling shutter effect.. not stabilization. Youtube is full of rolling shutter helicopter clips that look just like mine *sigh*

----------------------
Vegas 11, Win7, Intel i7 w/12GB RAM - In need of a decent SSD, methinks :-) Sony TG5V, Kodak Zi8, Playtouch.

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Mar 17, 2016 at 12:20:27 am

You might be able to improve some of the scenes by creating a mask to cover the blades only and within that area perhaps a blur and use key frames to track the motion. Not ideal, but maybe that will help and probably not for some of your scenes. Hopefully others will jump in here and have some better suggestions.

Adjusting for this in the camera would be much better, but of course that doesn't do you much good for the footage you are working on.

Best Regards.....George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]