FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D menu problem - with sample

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tobin Bell
3D menu problem - with sample
on Feb 29, 2016 at 5:53:34 pm

Hello,

I'm new to the 3D interface and I wanted to create a menu to the right edge that appear with a simple 3D "door shut" effect. Please see the attached sample project.

9827_testpanel.rar.zip

My problem is as the menu texture moves in it loses it's original shape and is stretching for a few seconds during the animation. It's quite ugly and unrealistic.

How can I retain the original shape of the animated texture? Turning on the prevent scaling and/or other buttons in the 3D interface did not help.

Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: 3D menu problem - with sample
on Mar 1, 2016 at 5:12:07 am

You did everything correctly. What you are seeing is the fact that from the middle of the screen you are looking at the panel off to the right from an angle. So the distortion that you perceive is just the angle of motion as the panel rotates into view. This is a perspective that Vegas gives objects that are to centered.

Notice that when you look at the 3D view from the top and position the panel exactly 90 degrees perpendicular with the screen in the top view, which should make it invisible, it is already visible in the perspective view. If you move the track position to the middle, it disappears from view at a 90 degree angle as you would expect.

The only way to correct for this is to use a Nested project. Create a separate project to rotate from the middle of the screen and then drop that project into your main project and position it to the right, it would do what you want.

In this separate project, the Track Motion would Position the frame at X: -960 to move the pivot edge of the frame to the center of the screen. Then change the Rotation on the Y: from -90 to 0. This will make the panel rotate exactly in the center of the screen like a door. Finally, drop this project into your other project and move it to the right where you want it.

It will look the way you want because the perspective will be from the front and not from an angle off to the side.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Tobin Bell
on Mar 1, 2016 at 9:48:44 am

I didn't hear about Nesting at all until now but it works indeed.

As always, you're very helpful, John, thank you for your aid!

Return to posts index

Tobin Bell
on Mar 1, 2016 at 12:19:34 pm

I did the nesting, but a new error popped up.

While the preview window shows everything fine, the rendered video has some flickering / blinking right after I chance the "X center" (in the Pan/Crop) to "0" on the already nested project. (please see the attached video:)

9829_3dpanelnested.rar.zip

I tried various things, like changing the alpha display method, or render with 30 fps instead of 29,97. None worked, it's still blinking the original (centered) panel. Then I changed the test.veg's 3D settings "Y Rotation" from the originally used -139.0 degrees to -90 and from the original Rotation X Offset 970 to 960. I made a new nested project from that - meaning that maybe the extra unneeded degrees causes this bug -but it's still blinking.

One thing I noticed, if I reduce width/height of the already nested and aligned clip even by only 1 pixel (in Pan/Crop) then the blinking stops and it renders correctly.

Do you know what causes this?

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Mar 6, 2016 at 6:59:06 pm

I downloaded your zip file and rendered the project to MainConcept AVC and didn't see any flickering. I'm not sure why you are seeing flickering. I had GPU acceleration turned off btw.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]