FORUMS: list search recent posts

Device Explorer

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Crowe
Device Explorer
on Dec 17, 2015 at 6:36:55 pm

When I travel I take a small HP Notebook with me to store my video and picture files (mostly as a backup). I have a Canon HFG30 video camera which uses SD Cards. The problem that I have is that when I go to copy the day's shoot onto the Notebook I don't always remember what is new and what is yesterday's shoot. Normally I am in a hurry and don't want to have to search through all of the files to see which was the last one that I copied. When I am at home and have access to my main computer I use Sony Vegas Pro's Device Explorer which determines what's new and what's not automatically. My notebook is too low power to install Vegas on so what I am looking for is a piece of software that is stand-alone which works like device explorer. Does anyone have any ideas? The criteria is quick and easy so all I need to do is hook everything up and let it go.

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: Device Explorer
on Dec 17, 2015 at 9:41:01 pm

Until you find something else, this may be a work around if you are on Windows 7. Using Windows Explorer.....Select all files on the SD card. Drag them to the HP folder of choice. Select
Copy". It should detect a duplicate offer several options, Copy and Replace, Don't copy, or Copy but keep both files. There is a check box at the bottom, "Do this for the next XX conflicts". Check this box, then click on the option "Don't copy". Explorer will skip all same named files.

I think Windows 8 and or 10 would have simialr options.

Best Regards.....George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]