FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do yo umake numerous duplicate copies of blu ray?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff David
How do yo umake numerous duplicate copies of blu ray?
on Nov 19, 2015 at 3:26:35 am

I am coming down the homestretch on my documentary.

I want to try to sell it when done.

How do I make numerous copies?

Lets say I luck out and I get 100 or 1000 requests to purchase.

How do you mass produce that many blu rays?

I prob should have asked this when I started this whole project but this is my first attempt to produce a video so it occurred to me, how do you make that many copies?

Haha I hope I have not shot myself in the foot!!

I hope there is some way to do it!

Lenovo quad core i7 16gb of ram, Windows 8.1 MS 13 64 bit

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: How do yo umake numerous duplicate copies of blu ray?
on Nov 19, 2015 at 5:03:07 am

[Jeff David] "How do I make numerous copies?"
You have three options:

(1) Buy duplicator equipment from a company like Primera and make them yourself (which is what I did)

(2) Pay a 3rd party like DiscMakers to duplicate them for you

(3) Make them yourself one at a time.

For a few hundred I would make them myself in-house. For a thousand or more I would send them out to a duplicator.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Nov 20, 2015 at 1:52:12 am

Thanks for the info John.

It's funny that the duplicator machine - the one at 2500 cost more than my camera and other equipment combined.

But that machine looks cool!

I took a look at your websites, you really have some heavyweight, serious skills! Not that you needed me to tell you that. Very impressive. You're a rennasaince man! I know I spelled that wrong. I use to get A's in English but the old I get the worse my spelling and punctuation becomes though they now have this software program, "Grammerly" that corrects everything, supposedly. I guess I'm in need of it.

I saw where you are a college prof too? I think? Impressive.

I am about to sign up for Skillsoft Online IT courses and want to train in Database or maybe Microsoft Exchange Server. I don't know much about IT but I'm going to take the training.

Of course, I really would like to do Computer Generated uh what is it ? CGI Imaging I guess. Maybe later.

Thanks for everything John!

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Nov 20, 2015 at 5:46:27 am

[Jeff David] "It's funny that the duplicator machine - the one at 2500 cost more than my camera and other equipment combined. "
That's not the proper way of thinking about it. If you are planning to make 1000 Blu-ray discs, then $2,500 / 1000 is only $2.50 USD extra cost per disc! A 50 pack of Verbatim Blu-ray Inkjet printable discs is $72 which comes out to $1.44 per disc. Ink for 800 discs is about $117 so that's $0.15 a disc. Finally you're going to want a nice case which come in packs of 100 for $15 and inserts are $12 for 50 so that's another $0.39 + $0.10 for ink per disc. All totaled that's $2.50 + $1.44 + $0.15 + $0.49 = $4.58 to manufacture each disc. So you should look for someone who can duplicate them for less than $5.00 a disc or it's cheaper to do the yourself and buy a $2,500 duplicator that you can use again and again.
[Jeff David] "I took a look at your websites, you really have some heavyweight, serious skills!"
Well.. I acquired a lot over the years. The more years you live, the more junk you learn. I've spent over 30 years in the IT industry and over 10 in the video / post production industry and another 10 in the music business when I was younger. I like to learn new things. It keeps the mind sharp. ;-)
[Jeff David] "I saw where you are a college prof too? I think? Impressive."
Yes, I teach a course on Migration to Cloud Computing at NYU in New York City where I'm an adjunct professor. I enjoy teaching "live". It's more gratifying that doing video tutorials talking to only a camera.
[Jeff David] "Thanks for everything John!"
You're welcome Jeff. I'm glad I could help.

~jr

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Dec 2, 2015 at 3:44:59 am

I only just saw your last post John.

OK thanks.

Wow - I went into this whole project not having any experience.

Now I see what you are saying about the cost of the disks but I understand in the long run it's cheaper to buy the machine, probably - well as long as the program sells, which I really don't know if it will but it's something I wanted to do anyways.

It's been 4 years that I have worked on this, but only off and on due to other commitments like work, and for long periods I could not work on it at all.

I only have a little bit left to do on it.

Maybe redo some parts of the voice-over, green screen myself in for my speaking parts, maybe some other tweaks.

I am still shocked that I bought the rights to use that symphony music in my show. I really just can't believe that I have the rights to use that music now for a small amount of money.

I was telling some of my friends how I was thinking how awesome if I could have John Williams do my score but of course Spielberg must pay that guy millions but the music I got from SmartSound is right up there with John Williams its just amazing.

SO I was joking w my friends that I have this whole entire orchestra working for me, on my payroll that I own then and give them orders what to do. lol. It's really made my project much better.

This project is all of the historic sites around Boston, Mass., where I live - the entire battle route for Battle of Lex and Concord. The Lexington Battle green - I filmed from the church steeple on the green, I got special permission to go up there, the Old North Church steeple I climbed up and filmed the walk up the stairs which is not an easy climb. You know, 1 if by land 2 if by sea where the lanterns were hung, where Paul Revere crossed the Charles River, the North Bridge so they really are all the iconic locations.

Nobody else has ever filmed all the spots like this in one show so I am hoping people like it and want to buy it.

I read a good article too by a top video guy who said there is a big market for things like this w schools. This would be a great show for grade school kids who are just learning about the first day of the revolution to see all of the actual locations.

It was not an easy thing to climb the steeple in the Old North Church, and the people who hung the lanterns had to do it w just candle light, holding 2 lanterns filled w kerosene so it really was quite dangerous. Now, I had my camcorder set to auto focus so afterwards when I saw the footage it would go in and out of focus sometimes but it actually is better that way as it's wobbly and conveys how difficult of a climb it was. But that's how much of a beginner I was as I didn't even know to take the camcorder off auto focus but I think it's better the way it is - of course just for that part. The rest of the show is in focus.

Yes you really have a ton of good skills and experience.

I took radio and television broadcasting my first year in college but then changed my major but I'll just get involved now. I have learned a lot, although I'm really still a beginner but getting better.

Anyways, thanks for everything and I'll definitely send you a copy when it's done.

Jeff

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Dec 2, 2015 at 3:51:51 am

Sounds like a very interesting project and I agree that grade school children would much rather learn history from watching the actual scenes where it took place rather than reading it in a book... and why shouldn't they? I'm a big believer in multimedia learning. Good luck finishing it up and I'd love to see it when you're done.

~jr

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]