FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there any problem, loss of quality or issue w copying and pasting from one SONY MS project into a new project?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff David
Is there any problem, loss of quality or issue w copying and pasting from one SONY MS project into a new project?
on Nov 19, 2015 at 3:23:16 am

Hello,

Certain parts of my project got messed up as far as the titles and sound not staying in alignment w the video track.

I had edited it in two chunks - both on the same timeline in the same project.

But I always have trouble as I will need to edit something in the middle of the timeline and by the time I am done, it throws the other segments, clips, titles sound, out of alignment further down the timeline.

I know I can use the, "group" feature and that will prob help but it's tricky to group, and then sometimes you need to ungroup and then there is the ripple that needs to be turned on or off so I find it somewhat tricky to keep the video,sound etc intact.

So - the project was sorta in two segments but both on same timeline/project.

So I went back to where I had saved the project a month ago, where the second half (on same timeline) was still intact i.e. the sound and video were not out of alingment and copied and pasted it into the more recent file where the first part was still intact correctly so that way, I didn't have to mess around w trying to correct everything. I.e. there were multiple sound clips and they all got totally discombobulated so I just copied from prior time when the sound matched the video and pasted it into the more recent file/timeline.

I know the software draws off clips in the drive so I don't think I will lose any quality - but that is what I am asking?

Any downsides?

The sound track turned from blue to purple. Does that mean anything?

Thanks for any help! I'm close to being finished w the project. Four years in the making! Well I only worked on it periodically but it's still 4 years since I started.

Lenovo quad core i7 16gb of ram, Windows 8.1 MS 13 64 bit

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Is there any problem, loss of quality or issue w copying and pasting from one SONY MS project into a new project?
on Nov 19, 2015 at 4:56:11 am

[Jeff David] "I know the software draws off clips in the drive so I don't think I will lose any quality - but that is what I am asking? "
No problem at all. You can cut and paste between projects all you want. As you suspected, the files are on the hard drive in full quality. You are only cutting and pasting edit decisions.
[Jeff David] "The sound track turned from blue to purple. Does that mean anything? "
Vegas Pro and Movie Studio randomly generates the colors for tracks. You can change them in the track header if you want.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Jeff David
Re: Is there any problem, loss of quality or issue w copying and pasting from one SONY MS project into a new project?
on Nov 20, 2015 at 1:42:53 am

Thanks again John!

Another mystery solved! I wasn't sure why the color changed thanks for explaining.

When I first realized my sound clips were totally discombobulated, I spent close to 2 hours trying to get them back in the right spots and was not even making a dent they got so badly mixed up.

I was debating whether to just record the track over again, but finally realized I could go back to an older file where the sound clips were in right spot.

this time, I made a group out of all the clips, sound and titles one big group of the entire project.

Listening back, I don't sound that good on the sound track so I'm going to redo it w more effort.

I'm going to send you a copy of my project when it's done, being as you have been so helpful.

the video footage is pretty good I think but w out the right voice over, it appears amateurish. Of course, I am an amateur but I was hoping it would come off professional.

Maybe if I can ace the voice over second time around. Well I hardly have the equipment and resources of the professionals.

Lenovo quad core i7 16gb of ram, Windows 8.1 MS 13 64 bit

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Nov 21, 2015 at 3:28:13 am

[Jeff David] "Of course, I am an amateur but I was hoping it would come off professional. "
Like anything else... the more you do something... they better you get at it. Don't worry if the current project isn't perfect. Just strive to make the next one a little better than the last one and before you know it, you'll be producing professional results. ;-)

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]