FORUMS: list search recent posts

Titles and text appear sideways

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Cooper
Titles and text appear sideways
on Oct 28, 2015 at 12:44:05 am

Ive just added text to the beginning of a short film and so far, it looks fine and normal on the preview screen. But when I view it on the timeline, the text is displayed sideways and is cut off by the left and right edges of the frame. I'm a bit puzzled. This has not happened before.

Most of the footage on the timeline is Standard Definition footage - shot from a MiniDv camcorder in 16:9 aspect ratio. Though the bit of footage where Ive placed the text was recorded in 1920 x 1080, 25p which of course has the same aspect ratio - 16:9. Although this bit of footage is completely black, I can see that the text has been squeezed into a really extreme aspect ratio. It looks like a really narrow rectangle - definitely not 16:9.

I guess I could record some black footage with my MiniDv footage and use that as background for the text and see if that solves the problem.

Return to posts index

Patrick Cooper
Re: Titles and text appear sideways
on Oct 28, 2015 at 7:36:49 am

Ive just captured some background footage recorded with my SD MiniDv camcorder, placed text on it and I get exactly the same result. Text is sideways.

Return to posts index

john bolton
on Oct 29, 2015 at 1:55:25 pm

Do you mean the title are vertical?

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Oct 28, 2015 at 12:40:42 pm

Screenshot please.
RF

Return to posts index

Patrick Cooper
on Oct 28, 2015 at 2:00:15 pm

I wasn't successful in getting a screen capture. I'll take a photo of the issue instead.

Return to posts index

Patrick Cooper
on Oct 29, 2015 at 2:46:05 pm

All the text is horizontal and sideways.

Here's an example:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonblade712003/22560868212/in/dateposted-p...

I used the 'default' font option.

This is the first time Ive added text to 16:9 footage. I don't suppose the aspect ratio has anything to do with this weird behaviour?

Return to posts index

john bolton
on Oct 29, 2015 at 3:01:37 pm

I notice in the picture there are the words Make Movie, so it is not Vegas Pro but Movie Studio?. I don't have Movie Studio so can't help..

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Oct 30, 2015 at 5:32:59 am

Hi. ok that is a nice image of the preview window and yes the text does appear to be in an unusual orientation. so could we have a look at the text box.
The place where you type including the settings. Also the image need to be large enough as to allow easy identification of all areas.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Jorma Nippala
on Oct 30, 2015 at 8:24:10 am

Are you using Titles&Text with one of the @**** fonts? If so, try using one without the @. Or use (Legacy) Text.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]