FORUMS: list search recent posts

Standard Definition - to upscale or not?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Cooper
Standard Definition - to upscale or not?
on Oct 22, 2015 at 12:08:47 am

I'll be entering two short films into a film festival shortly. Obviously these days, most people would be submitting HD content to such festivals but one of my films has been shot in Standard Definition. It is 720 x 576 (16:9 widescreen aspect ratio.) I don't know whether it would be best to submit it as it is or upscale it to HD? Ive never upscaled video footage before but I assume all that is necessary with Sony Movie Studio is to drop the footage into the timeline as usual and then render as 1920 x 1080. Since the original footage is interlaced, would it be best to render it as 1080i rather than 1080p? For screening purposes, I don't know what format or medium the festival will be using. If they're projecting Blu-ray, I guess I'll submit a Standard Definition DVD since I know that Blu-Ray hardware generally upscales DVD content anyway.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Standard Definition - to upscale or not?
on Oct 22, 2015 at 12:36:07 am

Wait until you can check the festival requirements to see what they want. If it is HD I wouldn't go any larger than 720 in Vegas without using an app like UpRez from Boris FX to do the scaling for you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]