FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bottom of video cut off, and pan/crop is not the solution

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Connor Smith
Bottom of video cut off, and pan/crop is not the solution
on Oct 9, 2015 at 7:28:45 pm

I am using sony vegas pro 13, and i have some footage captured from a hauppauge PVR. When I drag this footage into vegas, the bottom 5th of the screen is cut off, and using pan/crop doesnt help as its cut off in that too. But when i watch the video just in VLC player, it has captured the entire screen. I cant find any solution to this as everywhere says just to use pan/crop. Im hoping someone can help.

Return to posts index

john bolton
Re: Bottom of video cut off, and pan/crop is not the solution
on Oct 10, 2015 at 7:44:09 am

When you are in the Pan and Crop window, right click on the image and select Match Output Aspect...

Return to posts index

Connor Smith
on Oct 11, 2015 at 3:15:59 pm

hi, thank you for replying but unfortunately this did not solve the problem. Im going to upload some images that will hopefully illustrate the problem.

ive expanded the pan/crop to show that the bottom of the video isnt there, and below is the original clip in VLC;

hopefully you can see the dilemma, it might be worth stating I've tried putting the clip in to after effect and the same problem occurred.

Return to posts index

john bolton
on Oct 11, 2015 at 3:57:25 pm

What is the project aspect ratio set at and what is the media aspect ratio. It looks like you have widescreen project settings.If you delete your Pan and Crop mask and then try the Match Output setting to see if that solves it..

Return to posts index

Connor Smith
on Oct 11, 2015 at 4:32:38 pm

these are my project settings, im not gonna lie and say i know much about the programme, i use it but i barely scratch the surface of all the functions it provides

Return to posts index

john bolton
on Oct 11, 2015 at 4:47:09 pm

It looks like your Project settings are different from the Media you are using. When you look at your project setting template.. where it says on the left of the that Template at the top.. the word Template... to far right of that line you will see an icon that looks like a piece of film and a little arrow. If you click on that if will open a Browse box. Browse to where to media is located and click on the media file that you used for the timeline. It will then set the Project template to match the media....

Return to posts index

Connor Smith
on Oct 11, 2015 at 4:55:39 pm

Sadly still no luck, i imagine its probably something so simple, yet i have to clue how to solve this, and i also dont know how to provide much help in solving it

Return to posts index

Connor Smith
on Oct 11, 2015 at 4:38:45 pm

I've started a new project and done nothing but import the video and do ad you suggested but to no avail

Return to posts index

john bolton
on Oct 11, 2015 at 5:06:19 pm

You could download a Free program called Mediainfo. ( google search ) Install that and open it and browse for the media file you are using. It will tell you the properties of the media including the aspect ratio. Then set the project aspect ratio to that size

It should be more simple that this............but can't think why you are having this problem..

Return to posts index

Connor Smith
on Oct 11, 2015 at 5:07:18 pm

ok i will give it a go, many thanks

Return to posts index

Connor Smith
on Oct 11, 2015 at 5:43:32 pm

maybe this might mean something to you, from what i can tell the project settings are correct and this shouldnt be happening.

Return to posts index

Connor Smith
on Oct 11, 2015 at 6:11:06 pm

my bad wrong screen shot

Return to posts index

Connor Smith
on Oct 11, 2015 at 9:16:01 pm

hi, just wanted to say i solved the problem by converting the video to an mp4, thanks for your help

Return to posts index

john bolton
on Oct 12, 2015 at 7:17:17 am

Glad you solved it...but it does not make any sense. Anyway, if it is now OK then that's great....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]