FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Shot in 720p 120fps - Would Like to Play Back Mostly at Regular Speed

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Preyer
Video Shot in 720p 120fps - Would Like to Play Back Mostly at Regular Speed
on Sep 17, 2015 at 4:20:08 am

I usually shoot and render in 1080p 60fps. However, I was recently experimenting with 720p 120fps on my older Sony AS100V "Action Cam".

I rendered it at 720p 30fps (default Internet HD 720P) to see how it would look. It makes for a very nice slow motion. Then I experimented with custom output driving it to 59.94 fps. It was still at slow speed and, surprisingly to me, the result was worse. I played the two side-by-side and the first render at 30fps was "sharper".

Ultimately what I want to do is render most of it to appear at "regular" speed, but slow down parts of it using "Velocity Envelopes". I've experimented with various ways to do that with varying degrees of success.

To cut through hours of experimentation, what is the logical way to approach this goal? What custom render settings should I use?

Return to posts index

Michael Preyer
Re: Video Shot in 720p 120fps - Would Like to Play Back Mostly at Regular Speed
on Sep 20, 2015 at 3:55:00 am

OK - let me ask this differently, maybe I can drum up an answer that way. I have considered three ways to approach this. Just tell me which is better:

1. Use CTRL-click to drag the clip shorter to speed up the entire clip, then use velocity envelope at select locations for slo-mo at those spots.

2. Use velocity envelope at approx 250% across entire clip and just lower the envelope at select locations for slo-mo.

3. Use the properties to adjust playback rate faster, but that causes the clip to loop, so I'd have to cut it back.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]