FORUMS: list search recent posts

Degraded image on burning DVD Sony Vegas Pro 11/ Windows 10

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Badgley
Degraded image on burning DVD Sony Vegas Pro 11/ Windows 10
on Sep 1, 2015 at 10:55:55 pm

Hello, I shot a bunch in 1920 x 1080 29.97 i AVCHD.

I installed Windows 10, and edited the clips. I had difficulty with the Device explorer, and offloading my clips, but eventually I was able to get everything over, and was able to edit and burn a DVD. There did seem to be gremlins all along the way though. Anyway, on playback of the DVD, the image is really degraded. The image is really soft, while in the preview window it is sharp as a razor. The color temp is off, and alot of the whites have clipped to yellow. It really is horrible, less than SD. So, I converted back to Windows 7, and tried rendering and burning some clips. It is better, but only slightly. I updated the Nividia driver, and that seemed to burn a higher quality DVD, but I lost the audio, and so I gave up, and reinstalled my old settings. So, here I am back in Windows 7. It seems to edit just fine, as all of the gremlins have disappeared, but I just can't seem to get my burn quality back. BTW: I just used the simple DVD burn program inside of Sony Vegas, not DVD Architect. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Gary Badgley
Re: Degraded image on burning DVD Sony Vegas Pro 11/ Windows 10
on Sep 4, 2015 at 8:19:11 pm

So, I gave up on rendering a DVD, and burned a Blu ray. It's great except the whites seem a bit more blown out, and a lot more clipping to yellow.

So then I tried to burn through DVDA. At first the program would only read my blu ray drive. I finally figured out that I had to unclick the "legacy drivers" in preferences, and then it would read both.

But now I am unable to burn a DVD or Blu ray. I know I have rendered properly in Vegas, setting up the project, choosing the proper templates, and rendering separate video and audio files etc. When I setup everything in DVDA and burn it, it tells me both DVD and Blu ray are burned properly. But when I go to play it, nothing.
All it shows me in both is a blue screen with a Menu 1 on it. All files previewed properly in DVDA, and when I search the discs to find out the properties it definitely shows content, but just won't play.

Return to posts index

Gary Badgley
Re: Degraded image on burning DVD Sony Vegas Pro 11/ Windows 10
on Sep 4, 2015 at 10:29:00 pm

Okay, I was finally able to burn through DVDA. The moral of the story is Windows 10 did not work for me. I have my HDTV as my external monitor and Windows 10 was not able to size the interface to properly fit the screen. Plus the burn quality was horrible. Plus off loading from device controller did not work properly. And some other smaller gremlins that I have forgotten what they were. Be careful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]