FORUMS: list search recent posts

Testing the Canopus ADVC-100 - what other programs can the device work with?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Anvican
Testing the Canopus ADVC-100 - what other programs can the device work with?
on Jul 28, 2015 at 10:30:24 am

Hi all,
I got given a Canopus ADVC-100 and it works like a charm in Sony Vegas with capturing and outputting video/audio, very relieved to find something finally working in Windows 7. Now I was wondering if there are other programs out there besides NLEs that can make use of the D-->A conversion of the device, anybody what programs can output video via firewire, maybe a media player?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Rick Hughes
Re: Testing the Canopus ADVC-100 - what other programs can the device work with?
on Jul 28, 2015 at 12:54:12 pm

I have used 2 different Canopus ADVC units the 3000 and a 110 ... find them very good.

Personally I found best way to use them was to use WIN-DV
http://www.videohelp.com/software/WinDV

This is a tiny program, consumes hardly any memory, is fast simple and bombproof.

I used this for capture of all my VCR footage into DV files.

Return to posts index

Rick Anvican
Re: Testing the Canopus ADVC-100 - what other programs can the device work with?
on Jul 28, 2015 at 1:08:16 pm

Hi Rick,
I've been looking at programs similar to WinDV which they all can output DV files to Firewire.
My aim was to see if there was any media player program that can output to Firewire; I have a Matrox RT.X100 card which can output analog video whenever a DirectShow compatible program (e.g. Windows Media Player) was playing a video.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]