FORUMS: list search recent posts

How come clips r out of focus on one timeline but not another?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff David
How come clips r out of focus on one timeline but not another?
on Apr 5, 2015 at 8:21:53 pm

I have a long project, several hours.

Some of the clips are out of focus on the timeline A.

However, I re-imported the same clips into another project timeline B (1 hour) and they are NOT out of focus?

The clips from timeline A were previously rendered (once) to a file and then imported to timeline A.

The clips on timeline B have not ever been rendered.

So maybe the clips are not clear on timeline A as they were rendered once?

However, all of the clips on timeline A were all rendered once and then imported into project A and yet only a certain segment of them are out of focus on preview window when I play them back.

I was once told that clips might stutter on the timeline playback, but when rendered to a disk, look and play ok.

I.e. high def files are so large, they require a lot of computer resources and so the computer struggles when playing clips back on preview window but when rendered to a blu ray, will play and look fine?

So I guess it's possible the clips on timeline A will look ok when rendered to a disk even though they are out of focus on timeline A?

But it's only this one segment of clips that are out of focus despite fact that all were rendered once.

Yes I know I can just try rendering them and see how it plays once it's on the blu ray disk but it's a long project so I have hesitated but maybe I will try that too but I wanted to ask for input here too.

I am also thinking I should just delete all of the out of focus clips on timeline A and re-import the fresh clips and see what happens.

Thanks for any help!

Lenovo quad core i7 16gb of ram, Windows 8.1 MS 13 64 bit

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: How come clips r out of focus on one timeline but not another?
on Apr 5, 2015 at 11:34:11 pm

[Jeff David] "So I guess it's possible the clips on timeline A will look ok when rendered to a disk even though they are out of focus on timeline A?"
If you want to see what they will look like when rendered, change your preview windows properties to Best (Full). This will let you check what the full quality clips really look like. Change it back to Preview (Auto) for fast editing.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]