FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to focus out of focus clips . . .

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff David
Need to focus out of focus clips . . .
on Apr 4, 2015 at 11:39:00 pm

I looked at a bunch of video's on youtube but they are all for Vegas Pro and I have movie studio 13 so am missing one of the features in PRO and so can't use the PRO method to correct out of focus to "in-focus" clips.

It seems as though you do videofx and I see options for DEFOCUS but I don't see anything for focus? I see contrast but nothing for focus?

I also searched through the online manual but could not find anything on focus.

I appreciate any help.

Lenovo quad core i7 16gb of ram, Windows 8.1 MS 13 64 bit

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
Re: Need to focus out of focus clips . . .
on Apr 5, 2015 at 2:35:29 am

Hi,
Try the "Sony Unsharp Mask" Be very gentle with it. I know the name is not what expected but it will d the job.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Apr 5, 2015 at 8:08:24 pm

Awesome thanks but the clips are actually in focus when I re-imported them into another timeline but this is good to know.

Lol some people (on other forums) told me there was no way to correct out of focus clips. I guess they didn't know.

Thanks a lot!!

Lenovo quad core i7 16gb of ram, Windows 8.1 MS 13 64 bit

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Apr 5, 2015 at 11:39:11 pm

[Jeff David] "Lol some people (on other forums) told me there was no way to correct out of focus clips. I guess they didn't know."
Actually sharpening using an Unsharp Mask or otherwise is not really bringing the clip back into focus. It is just executing the edges that are there to give the illusion of focus. If something is slightly out of focus, this will fool most people into not noticing. If the image is badly out of focus not even this technique will work. Boris FX BCC Magic Sharp is another awesome plug-in for saving clips that are out of focus. Once agin, it will selectively sharpen edges which makes our mind think things are more in focus.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Apr 6, 2015 at 4:38:48 pm

A cure for out-of-focus?

Sharpening: in-camera vs. in post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]