FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie need suggestions to place files and folders

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenneth Maultsby
Newbie need suggestions to place files and folders
on Apr 2, 2015 at 10:27:02 am

Newbie to Vegas Pro and would like suggestions files and folder setup. First this is my computer setup. C:\ drive is an SSD were of course I have my OS and programs. My D:\ is a raid 10 were I have my video files. My third drive is E:\ drive which is a raid 1 were I keep my photos, documents, etc.

I am looking for suggestions were to place my project file?
2. In Project Properties it has at the video tab Prerendered files folder I do not want these on my C:\ driver were should place them? Also under the Audio tab it has recorded files were do suggest I place those?

3. Preferences: General Tab: suggestions were to place Temporary files Folder.
Video Tab: It has C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\VidCap60.exe What is that, and can I move it to my media or document drive?

4. Same with DVD Architect Pro: In Preferences under the Burning Tab it has Default prepare folder E:\My Documents\DVD Architect Pro 6.0 Projects\My Discs and Temporary files folder C:\Users\Kenny\AppData\Local\Temp\ I would like to move these if possible. Suggestions please. and the last one.
Mastering output. E:\My Documents\DVD Architect Pro 6.0 Projects\Mastered DVD. Media drive or leave it at this location.

The last thing is I will be adding another 128 GB SSD drive which I will use for render effects drive.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Newbie need suggestions to place files and folders
on Apr 4, 2015 at 12:16:34 am

I would place all of the project on the RAID 10 drive (D:). I would have used a RAID 5 but that's up to you. I have only OS and Applications on my SSD (C:) drive and all of my projects on my RAID 5 drive.

As for the prerender folder, I keep that on the RAID 5 drive with the projects. I point temp files to the Users temp folder. Once you have a RAID it makes sense to just put everything on the RAID. That's whole purpose of having a multi-drive RAID (so that you don't have to worry about individual drives anymore and you let them work together to give the best throughput, which is also why I selected RAID 5 over RAID 10)

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]