FORUMS: list search recent posts

locking envelope to events

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jill clatter
locking envelope to events
on Mar 25, 2015 at 11:20:24 am

I need to move the first 1 1/2 minutes of video and audio to the back of the project.

The problem is that that video has a lot of created track motion.

I have 'lock envelope to events' and as such, when I move the events on the timeline the track motion will move with it.

unfortunately, in grouping the video and the audio, to move that behind another minute or so of project, the track motion is not moving with the group.

any suggestions? your anticipated help...so appreciated!

Return to posts index

Phil Peacock
Re: locking envelope to events
on Mar 27, 2015 at 7:08:38 am

Hi Jill

You could save only the first 1 and half minutes of your video as either a rendered track or as a new .veg file.
You can then place either of these items in the new position in your older project, either as a piece of rendered footage or as a nested .veg.

Let me know how you go.

Return to posts index

Jill clatter
Re: locking envelope to events
on Mar 27, 2015 at 11:46:44 am

you're the best for answering this.

someone gave me the simplest fix that I am amazed I'd not figured. The envelope points won't stay connected unless you drag on the same timeline (rather than what I was doing....grouping then cutting and pasting). so I created an empty event and then grouped ...then dragged the first area behind the second....some minor problems but not a whole bunch. Your way, however, is also very good!

Thank you, again, for taking the time to answer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]