FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is having too many clips on timeline cause of crashing? Possible work around?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff David
Is having too many clips on timeline cause of crashing? Possible work around?
on Mar 7, 2015 at 6:51:01 pm

I do believe (this is really a question) having too many clips on timeline might be cause of ms 13 freezing while editing?

I have 3 hours of clips on my timeline.

I know with Serif Movie Plus the more clips on your timeline the more likely it was to crash.

Yup, I am back to the screen freezing again.

Now, I know some people have offered other fixes, which I can try but I thought of a possible easy fix and just wanted to know if anyone sees a problem with this.

I could break the 3 hours on the SONY MS 13 into smaller projects of say 30 minutes.

Perhaps that will eliminate the screen freezing?

So then just edit the project in 30 minute segments.

I guess to get them all into the final project - I would simply render each 30 minute FINISHED segment to a file and then when all of the segments are completely edited, simply import them back into one project?

Will this work?

If I keep the render and import settings at the h def of 1440 by 1080 will I lose any picture quality given all of the rendering and importing?

Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Is having too many clips on timeline cause of crashing? Possible work around?
on Mar 11, 2015 at 12:41:52 am

Are you using the 32-bit version or 64-bit version of Movie Studio 13? The 32-bit version would limit the amount of memory you can use to 2GB and 3 hours of HD is a large project. You could break it into 3 one hour projects and then render and reassemble into a master project. You won't see any appreciable loss in quality with just one extra render.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Jeff David
Re: Is having too many clips on timeline cause of crashing? Possible work around?
on Mar 13, 2015 at 11:02:35 pm

Thanks John,

I have 64 bit MS 13.

Yup I think I will do better with it split up into 1 hour increments.

Of course, the reason I switched to MS 13 from SERIF MOVIE PLUS was the exact point you brought up, SERIF is only 32 bit - yup so I was stuck w just 2 gb of power, if I termed that right. Could not render more than 30 minutes at a time.

As you know, I had some trouble w MS 13 freezing and it still does that but maybe after an hour or so of editing and SONY still has not been able to figure out why this happens but maybe it's too much time/clips.

Oh wait, I split off a 30 minute segment and it still froze, periodically, but less frequently.

Oddly enough, I have most of the editing done, uh well, have to add in titles of which there will be quite a few throughout the project and narration so not sure if that counts as being mostly done.

But w no total fix in sight, I have been able to carry on with the occasional freeze and just close out via task manager and reopen and keep editing.

Lenovo quad core i7 16gb of ram, Windows 8.1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]