FORUMS: list search recent posts

SVP laptop workflow optimisation

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick McMahon
SVP laptop workflow optimisation
on Feb 23, 2015 at 6:21:52 pm

So..... now I have a new machine here... took me a few days to convert to Windows 7 x64 Pro and get it set up correctly especially with the correct AMD catalyst display driver... Toshiba has the wrong one on their website... lesson learned ... always get display drivers direct from device manufacturer... AND... always completely remove a previously installed driver before installing the new one. There's a great piece of freeware called Display Driver uninstaller : http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/display-driver-uninstaller-download,19.html

Download DDU first (no net connection in safe mode) After uninstallation of driver boot into 'safe mode' and run the DDU from there.... it cleans out any left overs so you get a clean install of your new driver and it will then run the GPU at optimum. I benchmarked and got a great score of 794fps in 3D with Nova bench after doing a clean install compared to a non-clean install score of 585fps.

Anyway... my question... Obviously I'll be running SVP from my C drive (for now it's a Hybrid SSHD 1TB) but considering plugging in my spare 840 Pro SSD via USB 3.0 with all my video files on to use as project drive.

Will this be the best workflow set-up with what I have available...? (internal modification with mSATA 500gb Samsung 850 Pro is my next investment)

P.S. I have a couple of questions on this basics forum in relation to my Vegas Pro 12 that have gone unanswered for a week... any chance you can take a look please John...? (keyframe interpolation & Stills colour saturation)
cheers

Nick... BASE1268

3...2...1...C ya

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: SVP laptop workflow optimisation
on Mar 28, 2015 at 1:23:52 am

[Nick McMahon] "Anyway... my question... Obviously I'll be running SVP from my C drive (for now it's a Hybrid SSHD 1TB) but considering plugging in my spare 840 Pro SSD via USB 3.0 with all my video files on to use as project drive. Will this be the best workflow set-up with what I have available...? (internal modification with mSATA 500gb Samsung 850 Pro is my next investment)"
That's a good setup. USB 3.0 should have plenty of bandwidth for editing on the remote drive. You can even edit on the local drive since it's really two drives and should give good performance. I have all of my projects on a remote USB 3.0 when working on my laptop and I have no problems.
[Nick McMahon] "P.S. I have a couple of questions on this basics forum in relation to my Vegas Pro 12 that have gone unanswered for a week... any chance you can take a look please John...? (keyframe interpolation & Stills colour saturation)cheers"
I'll see if I can go back and find them. I've super been busy at work and I'm teaching a class on Monday nights at NYU so my schedule has been really crazy lately.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]