FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Movie Studio 13 keeps freezing and or crashing?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff David
Sony Movie Studio 13 keeps freezing and or crashing?
on Feb 1, 2015 at 9:42:36 am

Wow I'm really disappointed Sony Movie Studio 13 keeps freezing and or crashing.

I have a Lenovo i7 quad core notebook w 8 gb of ram.

I exported a bunch of clips to files in Serif Moviplus and then imported them into MOVIE STUDIO 13.

So the files are now on my internal c hard drive.

My internal c drive is 80% full. IS that possibly the problem?

I am editing in High Def and set the preview window to preview half.

Wow I hope I can get this to work.

Return to posts index

Jeff David
Re: Sony Movie Studio 13 keeps freezing and or crashing?
on Feb 1, 2015 at 9:50:14 am

I am a total novice, this is my first project ever but I think the 80% full hard drive might be the problem?

With Serif Movieplus that I had been using, the program pulls the clips off of the hard drive, they are not stored in the software program until the point were you export them to a file.

So I already exported my project to files on my internal c drive and therefore (I'm guessing?) can take the actual clips stored on my internal c drive (as opposed to the files I created when I exported the project) and transfer them to an external drive as they should not be needed as I saved the project to the files that are stored on my internal C drive. That way I can get my internal C drive space freed up.

Am I right about this? I am just guessing.

Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Feb 1, 2015 at 8:15:55 pm

[Jeff David] "Am I right about this? I am just guessing. "
If you have source files in another program that you have render to a new video and you are only going to use this new video with Movie Studio, then yes, you can move the original source files off of your C: drive and onto external storage.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Feb 1, 2015 at 8:48:19 pm

Yes. I that is what I did.

I exported the SERIF MOVIEPLUS project to 15 minute files and then imported them into SONY MOVIE STUDIO.

I just finished transferring all my original source clips to my external D drive.

I opened up MOVIE STUDIO just now - looks like all the footage is in there.

I'm going try to edit now and see what happens.

Now my internal c drive is, "only" 61% full instead of 80%

I was going to ask of 8 GB of ram is enough but another poster -just posted the same issue (above) saying he went to 16 gb of ram and is still having the same problem so should 8 gb be ok?

I have to check my video card make sure it's compatible but it should be.

Any idea why it keep crashing?

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Feb 2, 2015 at 12:40:21 pm

[Jeff David] "Now my internal c drive is, "only" 61% full instead of 80%"
You really shouldn't be editing on your C: drive. A video editing computer should have at least 2 drives, one for the OS and programs and a second for your video projects. This is because your OS is constantly swapping memory to a swap file on your C: drive and this is causing contention with you trying to edit large video files.
[Jeff David] "I was going to ask of 8 GB of ram is enough but another poster -just posted the same issue (above) saying he went to 16 gb of ram and is still having the same problem so should 8 gb be ok?"
8 GB should be enough unless you're editing 4K.
[Jeff David] "Any idea why it keep crashing?"
Movie Studio is crashing? Does it give any error message?

~jr

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Feb 2, 2015 at 4:46:12 pm

Thanks John.

"Most" of my video clips were moved to an external hard drive.
There are still some clips on my C drive which based on what you just said I will move to the external hard drive.

Once I exported the SERIF project to file folders I saved them to my C drive.

So I have the original video clips MOSTLY on the external drive and the files I created when I exported the SERIF files to my C drive.

Should I move the files I created when I exported the SERIF project off of my C drive to the external drive? I guess I should based on what you said but currently w the exported SERIF files on my c drive, I don't even plug in my external drive and SONY M STORE is pulling off of the files created from the SERIF export currently on my C drive.

So based on your advice I will transfer the rest of the internal C DRIVE clips, as well as the files created when I saved the SERIF project to files, to the external drive and maybe that will fix it!

Nope - not editing 4k just HDef.

There is no error crash message the screen simply freezes and when I try to click on something in SONY MS nothing happens then it will go whitish hazy screen translucent so to speak so I can still see SONY MS but can't close out of it.

I have to do task manager end task to get out of SONY MS.

I would think SERIF should have told me about having the clips on seperate drives as I told them about that at one point.

I really appreciate your help.

I'll give it a try.

Lenovo quad core i7 8 gb of ram, Windows 8.1

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Feb 2, 2015 at 10:35:32 pm

[Jeff David] "Should I move the files I created when I exported the SERIF project off of my C drive to the external drive?"
That depends. Is the external drive connected via USB 3.0 or faster? If not, you are better off leaving them on your internal C: drive. The optimal setup for video editing is to have two internal drives.
[Jeff David] "There is no error crash message the screen simply freezes and when I try to click on something in SONY MS nothing happens then it will go whitish hazy screen translucent so to speak so I can still see SONY MS but can't close out of it. "
Ugh... that's the worst kind of crash. It gives no clue. Are your video drivers up to date? (sometimes screen freezes are caused by video drivers). Just guessing here.

~jr

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Feb 2, 2015 at 10:58:43 pm

"That depends. Is the external drive connected via USB 3.0 or faster? If not, you are better off leaving them on your internal C: drive. The optimal setup for video editing is to have two internal drives."

Yes I have two 3.0 USB ports. Therefore I am transferring all of the video clips on my internal c drive to the external drive as you advised. Should I also transfer the pictures to the external drive I made off of the frames of the video to the external drive? Of course they are smaller in size.

"Ugh... that's the worst kind of crash. It gives no clue. Are your video drivers up to date? (sometimes screen freezes are caused by video drivers). Just guessing here."

Good guess that is what the SONY TECH rep found, one driver was not up to date - I updated it now but still crashing. I exported all of the SYSTEM INFO data to the SONY TECH rep again after the latest crash. I'm relying on him to tell me that I have all the right drivers etc. and based on him telling me I needed one update, I should be good on the drivers.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Feb 1, 2015 at 8:14:25 pm

[Jeff David] "My internal c drive is 80% full. IS that possibly the problem? "
80% is about the tipping point. You really don't want to use drives that are more full than that. As a hard drive reaches capacity it gets slower and slower. Freeing up space or working off of an external USB3 or faster drive would also work.

~jr

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Feb 2, 2015 at 5:26:33 am

Yes thanks John.

I got the internal C drive to where it is only 60% full now but that did not help. MOVIE STUDIO is still crashing.

I have done a lot of research and MOVIE STUDIO crash reports by others are all over the SONY forums and all over the internet. It looks like it is riff w crashes.

I did a search on Youtube and there are a load of supposed fixes for VEGAS PRO which I am sure can also apply to MOVIE STUDIO.

I tried a few of them to no avail. I'll keep trying. I also sent a ticket to support and will call them in the morning.

Wow I am really disappointed to find that there are problems even w MOVIE STUDIO. I thought those troubles were behind me once I switch from SERIF MOVIEPLUS.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Feb 2, 2015 at 12:42:09 pm

What format did you render the videos to? I wonder if that has anything to do with the crashing?

~jr

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Feb 2, 2015 at 2:50:24 pm

When I exported the project from SERIF I exported them in high definition using, "high" quality - one lower than best.

Used mpeg4

As you know, in SONY you can set the uh I think it's called the "preview screen" (the screen on the far right where you view your project) quality to "PREVEIW - QUARTER" just one higher than the lowest quality.

I was not trying to render these crashes happen when I am on the timeline editing.

I actually did previously successfully render and burn to a cd a 2 hours of footage. It was just a test I did to see if SONY would crash upon rendering like SERIF did. I did not do any edits when I did that I simply loaded 2 hours of footage in and rendered it.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Feb 2, 2015 at 10:30:18 pm

I'm just wondering if Vegas Pro is having a hard time editing those MPEG4 files. It's tough to say with MPEG4 because the specification is so broad. One thing you could do is transcode them to a format that's easier to edit like CineForm. You can do this with the free GoPro Studio. It might be worth a try just as a test. If Movie Studio is still crashing with the CineForm files than at least you know it's not the MPEG4 files that caused the crashing. If it stops crashing then you've found the problem.

~jr

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Feb 2, 2015 at 10:44:33 pm

I have SONY MOVIE STUDIO 13 John.

I did mention that before.

I know this is Vegas Pro forum but I did not see one for MOVIE STUDIO 13 so I posted here.

I can try what you said as far as the cineform. I'll check into it.

Sony TECH emailed me back said I needed to update my driver the nvidia had a driver update 1 23 15. Not sure how it got missed as my system does automatic updates.

Anyways I installed it and tried again but the MOVIE STUDIO 13 froze again.

I just sent the Sony Tech my updated system info and will see what they say.

As I mentioned there's about 10 other fixes listed on Youtube. Everyone has a different fix??

I did not try them all yet tried one or two that did not work waiting to see what SONY tech comes back with.

I transferred more of my video clips from my internal C drive to my external D drive but not all yet.

I have a 1 terabyte external drive and after today's transfers I'm at 72% space used and I still have a ton of clips to transfer over and will max out to 80%.

However, being a novice, when I captured my original footage to my internal c drive (later on I captured new footage to my external D drive so I have footage on each) one thing I did wrong was to capture everything on the one hour mini dv tapes to the hard drives. Lol so I know that was wrong. Took up too much space and I should have only captured the segments I wanted to use in the end project.

Soooo I will have to go through and delete tons of footage that way to free up space.

I hesitated to do that as not sure for sure which footage was used in end project but that's now been saved to the folder files so it prob won't matter to delete the entire raw footage I'm thinking as it's all saved in the folders and that's all I need? I would guess.

If I do lose frames in my project, I still have the original tapes and I can recapture anything I need.

So maybe like you said that is the problem as I still have some original footage on the internal C drive.

What about pictures? I took screen shots of many frames and have them in my project. They are still on my internal c drive. Those are smaller as far as data goes so do I need to transfer them to the external drive too? I was thinking they are not large files so that I can leave the on the internal C?

I'll get the drives all cleaned up and out to the external drive and see what happens.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Feb 2, 2015 at 11:01:06 pm

[Jeff David] "I have SONY MOVIE STUDIO 13 John. "
Sorry you did say that and I meant to type Movie Studio. :-)
[Jeff David] "Sony TECH emailed me back said I needed to update my driver the nvidia had a driver update 1 23 15. Not sure how it got missed as my system does automatic updates."
That sounds promising. If it's only a graphics driver update that would be sweet.
[Jeff David] "What about pictures? I took screen shots of many frames and have them in my project. They are still on my internal c drive. Those are smaller as far as data goes so do I need to transfer them to the external drive too?"
Pictures are fine because they are not streamed at 30 fps. Just the one picture is needed and it's duplicated in memory.

I usually pick up Western Digital MyPassport 1TB drives when they are on sale for $59 at NewEgg.com. I keep a bunch for archiving video footage.

~jr

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Feb 2, 2015 at 11:06:43 pm

You prob did not see my other reply yet but the program crashed after the nvidia driver update.

I do think you may have the solution with my having some of the clips/footage on the Internal c drive.

As mentioned, I've transferred most of the video footage on the internal drive to an external drive that connects via 3.0 usb port.

I have some more to transfer over, then will go through the external drive as there is way too much footage that I don't need that can be deleted cause I have to get that down from 80% filled up and I will.

Wow I overpaid for my external WD 1 terabyte drive. I think I paid $110 at Staples about 4 months ago.

Thanks for hte heads up I'll get the at New Egg in the future!

Thanks for all the help. At another forum, the SERIF forum you cna give people credit when they help - is there anything like that here? A points system? if so I owe you some!

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Feb 3, 2015 at 12:48:07 pm

[Jeff David] "Thanks for all the help. At another forum, the SERIF forum you cna give people credit when they help - is there anything like that here? A points system? if so I owe you some!"
You're welcome. No point system here which is unfortunate because it works well on other forums but thanks for offering.

~jr

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Feb 3, 2015 at 4:35:20 pm

Oh ok.

I added another 8 gb of ram just now so I now have 16gb of ram. I know 8 is suppose to be more than enough.

Tried SONY m studio again, froze upon attempt to edit.

I transferred all of my video clips to the external drive so nothing (except the pictures) are on my internal c drive and the c drive is only 33% full now.

However my external D drive is now 76% full but like I said, I am going to go through it and delete a lot of footage that is not contained in my project as I have the original mini dv tapes if I ever need the footage.

SONY Tech Rep wanted me to send him the project file which I did.

I'll see what he comes back with.

I ran a scan for virus/malware and there was none.

I looked at the cineform a little so I'll prob try that too.

I guess it would be good to do anyways as it (as you know) preserves the quality and does lots of other good stuff.

haha I'm no expert on it I only read a little bit at their website.

Wow I've got to get this to work.

Have you had any trouble w SONY?

You use the pro version right?

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Feb 4, 2015 at 2:10:15 pm

[Jeff David] "Have you had any trouble w SONY? "
I haven't had many problems the little I've used version 13.0 but I edit HDV and AVCHD from video cameras so I'm not trying to use video footage from still cameras, Game captures, downloads from YouTube, etc. I'm just using standard video formats but I have had problems rendering so that doesn't make me feel confident that I can use 13.0 for production work.
[Jeff David] "You use the pro version right?"
Yes, I'm using the Pro version but Sony broke Closed Captioning with Vegas Pro 13.0 and they haven't fixed it in months so I've been using Vegas Pro 12.0 for production work. Others on this forum seem to have no problems with Vegas Pro 13.0.

~jr

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Feb 4, 2015 at 3:48:22 pm

OK thanks John.

I uploaded my source clips yesterday and sent them to SONY tech rep.

It took 14 hours to upload them, 25 gb's.

Sony had provided a portal.

It had the upload button right on the first page so I just used the browse button and uploaded them waiting all day for it to complete.

Afterwards, there were other links that I clicked on explaining if it was more than 2 gb's to use a different portal they provided and to have javascript enabled in browser. And also to zip the files.

I guess that would have speeded up the upload. Too bad they didn't list that on the first page.

I hope the SONY Tech can work w the footage that way.

I noticed something about SERIF. That the export often crashes upon a clip that was a long zoom. I also noticed that zoom clips take up a lot of space - they are very, very large. Not telling you anything you don't already know. But I think therein might lie the problem.

We know SERIF is only 32 gb and so can only use 2.5 gb of ram no matter how much total ram you have. SO SERIF simply chokes on those zooms as they are just to large for the 2.5.

That is what I have observed.

I guess I could just go back and take all of my zooms out but then I've got so many of them I can't see having my project w no zooms.

Thanks!

Lenovo quad core i7 16gb of ram, Windows 8.1

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Feb 4, 2015 at 3:56:33 pm

I can try the Cineform too but just want to see what the SONY tech rep comes back w first.

At the SONY forum, someone else suggested using MEDIAINFO a third party app download from the net.

You may remember before I stated how I had tested out the export feature on MS 13 and successfully exported 2 hours of footage and burned it to the blu ray no problem. However that was simply 2hours of footage I loaded in and I did not edit them at all as it as just a test to see if I would have the same export problems.

And I have noticed that loads of people do have trouble rendering/exporting w SONY. It's all over the SONY forums.

Do you go to the SONY forums?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Feb 4, 2015 at 6:26:06 pm

[Jeff David] "Do you go to the SONY forums? "
I do. I'm JohnnyRoy on those forums and I was very active on them at one time but I don't go there often anymore because there is no notification of when someone makes a post and I don't have the time to check back and see if someone asked me a followup question. If the Sony forums had notifications like the COW I would at least be able to monitor the threads I'm active in but they don't so I tend not to post there.

~jr

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Feb 4, 2015 at 11:05:52 pm

Yes - I understand. I was thinking the same. I was wondering why I wasn't getting notifications until I saw in the FAQ'S they don't give them.

What I did, and you may have too, is just do a search under my username and it brings up all of the posts I started. Being as I only have a couple, I then just go in there and look.

Being as I only have one or two posts, it's not too bad right now doing it that way, however, I understand what you are saying as once you get like maybe 10 posts, it will/would be bothersome to have to look through them all to see if there were any new responses.

Plus if you responded to someone else's post then maybe that would not even show in the search.

Like I said one dude did tell me to try MEDIAINFO download the app for a possible fix so at least I learned that.

I just heard back from the SONY TECH and he said he only is just downloading my footage so I'll see what he says.

Like I said before, if he doesn't get me a fix I'll try the CINEFORM and if need be the MEDIAINFO.

I'll do the CINEFORM anyways, even if I get a fix before trying it as you know, it preserves the quality so I like that.

Not sure if I mentioned this before but the error mssg I get in SERIF is C++MOVIE PLUS!!!

(I don't get any error mssg in SONY MS 13).

Now the tech reps at VIRTUAL FORUM told me -,"LOOK THAT INDICATES THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH MOVIEPLUS! I.e. when it says movieplus in the error thats because THAT'S WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!!

Sorry for caps, not yelling but basically they told me GET THE HECK OFF THE VIRTUAL forum w that question because it's telling you to contact SERIF.

Of course SERIF denies there is any glitch in their software but I'm going to start a post in their forum C++MOVIEPLUS ERROR MEANS MOVIPLUS ERROR!!!!!

AS I understand it, the problem is that there is a conflict w my computer system and the software or a driver or bios.

Today, soon as I tried to edit it froze immediately!

I contacted Lenovo as I have the Lenovo Thinkpad w530 to see if there was anything else that could be done to goose up my computer and they said not much can be done as it's a laptop. Not that it's not powerful enough but I was just going to goose it up anyways.

They said I could put in a solid state drive. They weren't sure if I could put in a second internal drive. Something about Raid.

I think I will put in the solid state drive though.

Assuming I don't have one already. Pretty sure I don't

This is a workstation category computer even though it's a laptop.

thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Feb 4, 2015 at 11:09:16 pm

Oh yea - also going to try editing w computer in CLEAN BOOT.

As you know that will shut off most or all of any conflicts.

I should have tried that before. Only just thought of it.

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Feb 5, 2015 at 4:06:29 am

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Here is the fix provided by SONY tech rep.

I did as described and had no problem editing tonight!

Sooo relieved to get it to work!

Thanks for all the help!

SONY TECH REP SAID:

Thank you for writing back. I was able to reproduce the issue and fixed it pretty quickly. First, can you please delete any and all .SFK files from the directory that you store your media. Delete only the files that have the extension .SFK. Once those are all deleted, please open your project.

When your project opens, do not click or press anything. You will see on the top left corner of the program that there is a process occurring, which has a % (# out of #). Wait until that process completely finishes. Now try playing back and editing your project. Do you find that it does not hang any longer?

.SFK files are metadata files that hold the waveform information for your audio. So basically, when you see a waveform in the timeline, that information is being stored and retrieved from the .SFK files being created. Whenever you import any type of media with audio in it, a .SFK file will be created.

The reason I want you to delete your currently existing .SFK files is because it seems that you have multiples/duplicates, which could be causing issues. Once you delete them all, and then reopen your project, the .SFK files for your media will be created again, so you do not have to worry.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Feb 6, 2015 at 12:42:50 am

Wow, I would have never guessed that the .SFK files were causing the problem but that's good to know. I guess maybe some of them got corrupt. Thanks for letting us know.

~jr

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Feb 6, 2015 at 2:56:02 pm

Yes and thanks for all of your help John. I've learned a lot.

The SONY tech rep said that I must have had duplicate sound files and that was the problem.

So like I said, I erased all of the sfk files and restarted.

MS 13 then reloads all of the sfk files.

SO I have been able to edit but I still had a couple more crashes since. Each time I deleted all of the sfk files again and restart and I am able to edit but it did crash a couple of more times so I must still have some duplicate files somehow.

When I save my project after editing, it gets saved to my C drive.

I call that the "template" because as I understand it (as you know)it does not have the media files in it but pulls from them off of the hard drive where they are. So I guess it's like a template so to speak.

Now, like I said, I transferred all of my footage off of my C drive to my external D drive.

But I am guessing I still have the some of the "templates" and files on the D drive for when I transferred everything over so I'm going to delete them from my d drive.

Or - when I finish editing for the day, Should I be saving the, "template" or "project" to he D drive instead of the C? Prob so as you said to have everything on the external drive.

Template is prob not the correct technical term. I think the correct tech term is, "project" and then, "media files"?

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Feb 7, 2015 at 11:19:32 am

[Jeff David] "Or - when I finish editing for the day, Should I be saving the, "template" or "project" to he D drive instead of the C? Prob so as you said to have everything on the external drive. "
That's what I recommend. When I start a new project I create a folder for it on my video projects drive. That's where all of the media gets imported into and where I store the project file so that everything is in one place. It's too bad Movie Studio doesn't do this for you so you have to be diligent and keep your files together yourself.
[Jeff David] "Template is prob not the correct technical term. I think the correct tech term is, "project" and then, "media files"?"
Yes, what you are calling a template is the project file.

Here is one suggested workflow using 3 external drives:

Drive 1: Camera Archive
This drive contains all of your camera archives. When you shoot some video, you plug your camera card into your computer along with the Camera Archive drive. Then create a new folder on the Camera Archive drive with the date and name of the event (e.g., 2015-02-15_Valentines_Day_Party) and you copy the entire contents of the camera card (not just the video files) into it. Over time this drive will contain the archives of all of your camera cards.

Drive 2: Video Projects
This drive contains all of your active projects. I usually like for this to be an internal drive but I have used an external USB 3.0 drive for this as well. This drive will contain all of your active projects so it doesn't need to be too big. When you are ready to start a new project, you plug this drive and the Camera Archive drive into your computer, create a folder for your new project, start Movie Studio and use View | Device Explorer to import all of the footage from your Camera Archive drive to your video project folder. Then you can eject the Camera Archive drive and continue editing on the Video Projects drive.

Drive 3: Project Archives
This drive will contain the archive of all of your finished projects. When you are finished with a project, plug this drive into your computer and drag the project folder from the Video Projects drive to this Project Archive drive. You will now have two backups of your footage, one on the original Camera Archives drive and another on this Project Archive drive. You can now delete the project folder from your Video Projects drive knowing that your footage and project are safely backed up.

This three drive approach gives you unlimited storage for editing video because you can always add another Camera Archive drive or Project Archive drive as needed and your Video projects drive should never fill up because it's only going to contain the one or two projects that you are currently working on.

~jr

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Feb 15, 2015 at 6:33:26 pm

OK thanks for the info on drive setup. I'll do it!

I've been able to edit my project pretty good.

Sony MS 13 still freezes but only after I have done an hour or so of editing and so then I just use task manager to close out and reopen it and I am able edit again.

I found this fix on youtube - there's a bunch of them offered, everyone has a different one so looks like freezes and crashes are common.

The dude that posted those fixes has some good stuff.

I did one of them yesterday (fixes) and I've been able to edit for a long time w no freezes so far.

I did just a little reading on SATA drives and think I will get one of those and install them or maybe have multiple internal drives.

An article I read said they even have SATA external drives now.

It also said something about being able to recover the data easier in the event of a crash.

I'll be looking into getting the SATA.

Thanks John!

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Feb 16, 2015 at 4:09:09 am

You're welcome Jeff. Glad I could help.

~jr

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Feb 17, 2015 at 6:25:02 pm

Wow the other day I got the black screen of death when I was editing SONY MS 13!!!

It should be ok as when I finish editing for the day I always resave my project under a slightly different name.

And of course, SONY autosaves every 5 minutes so the most you can lose is 5 minutes. But luckily all of my clips were there when I went back to the previous save so no harm done but it's pretty scary I keep thinking one day the entire project will just be lost and won't be able to be restored or retrieved.

I sent a ticket into SONY but quite frankly, it's time consuming to try to figure out why this stuff happens. I prob should find out for future knowledge but I just keep editing for now.

It was odd as half of my clips were still visible/there on the timeline but another half were just black in the preview window.

I live in fear. That thing with SERIF MOVIE PLUS could have been catastrophic had I not found out about SONY and that I could save small segments from SERIF and then import to SONY.

Return to posts index

Jeff David
on Feb 2, 2015 at 11:26:39 pm

SONY Tech Rep just came back with:

reset preferences:

1. close program
2. Hold down ctrl and shift when starting program again
3. when program starts to load, window asks, "do you want to reset all progman preferences to default? Yes.
4. Make sure to check,"delete all cached application data"
5. then chose yes

He said to make sure I also go to:

options
preference
video
select, "off" from drop down!

I'll see what happens tomorrow and let you know! I have to do some other stuff but wish I had time to try it now.

Hopefully other people will benefit from this fix (assuming it works) as like I said there are loads of posts bout SONY crashing on the sony forums and even some here.

Return to posts index

Julian Robbins
on Oct 29, 2016 at 9:55:45 pm

Same thing but i have windows 7 with 16 gigs of ram with an hp pavillion p2614y and it keeps on freezing no matter what.. and i have a 1tb hard drive with 833 GB free of 919 GB. i've tried everything XD. my advice? Save Often. Oh and have a lot of patience lol.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]