FORUMS: list search recent posts

Zooming in post

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick McMahon
Zooming in post
on Jan 28, 2015 at 6:26:29 pm

I have many instances of getting exit shots from the aircraft and it's often great to zoom as the subject leaves the plane to get the facial expressions clearly... especially as I'm using Gopro in wide angle or even medium angle setting which means the subject becomes small really fast as they drop away.

I shot most of last season in 720 @ 60p only to discover that of course when I'm zooming in post I have a a very noticable drop in picture quality because as the zoom increases there are progressively less pixels of information in my zoom.

So... I'm thinking this season that I'll shoot in 4k with the new Hero 4 and correct me if I'm wrong, but at 50% zoom in post means I'll still have 1080 quality..?

However.. will I need to render in 4k to preserve that quality of zoom...?

cheers

Nick... BASE1268

3...2...1...C ya

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
Re: Zooming in post
on Jan 28, 2015 at 9:10:35 pm

Yes, it's true cropping a 4K image to cut out a 2K is full res on HD.

But the lens is the lens and with Go Pro it's a fisheye lens, great for wide angle action shots but not so good for medium shots and useless for closeup shots.

There was a group that would modify GoPro to take interchangeable lenses, allowing the use of C Mount lenses. So do a search and see if they are still around. Also have a look at this product and ponder the possibilities.
http://novocamera.com/index.php/blog/blog-news/3

Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Nick McMahon
Re: Zooming in post
on Jan 28, 2015 at 11:09:25 pm

Cheers Russ...

I have to say that's the first I'd ever heard of the Novo... perhaps that is because you can't actually buy one as far as I can tell from my searching online... you can only rent and for a single day one pays almost the cost of buying a GoPro standard.

However.... try this

http://www.back-bone.ca/product/ribcage-hero4-black/

I'm seriously thinking of getting one... that pre-modded version is basically double the price of a standard GP hero 4 black but comes with the 7.5mm M12 lens... and of course the freedom to add whatever c-mount lens I like

If I buy the kit and a hero 4 black and mod it myself I can get the whole lot for 484 quid (US$721) and save 150 quid

Nick... BASE1268

3...2...1...C ya

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]