FORUMS: list search recent posts

looking for list of definitions: render settings. *sorry for newbie question

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rick tucker
looking for list of definitions: render settings. *sorry for newbie question
on Jan 16, 2015 at 12:51:39 am

I've been working in Vegas for a few years, starting with Vegas 8 and moving up to my current iteration - Vegas pro 12. I am a self taught videographer and editor, using online resources to answer the questions I've had.

I've never really paid a lot of attention to high definition details, as I have primarily placed my videos on YouTube and I assumed that if I rendered at '1080' it was 1080.

Now that I'm a little more experienced and looking to perfect my productions, I'm finding that I have ZERO idea what some of these render templates are, or how to utilize them to maximize my output quality.

I'm looking for some guidance here... primarily what these different templates are, how they affect the final product and - really - how to get the absolute best quality image from my footage. I shoot with Sony NEX VG20 and FS700 currently, although I do not use the 4K on the Sony yet; I need to purchase the 7Q first.

Any links to material I can read up on is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Rick-

Return to posts index

Nick McMahon
Re: looking for list of definitions: render settings. *sorry for newbie question
on Jan 16, 2015 at 2:05:18 am

I'm like yourself... been dabbling for a few years and now beginning to take editing seriously and understanding the render templates can be very confusing, but the easiest way to think about it is simply to decide how you want to deliver your project.

If you're going to youtube it's worth reading up on how youtube treats your video once it's uploaded so you can make sure you render your project to a quality that will look it's best online. Try reading through these and then you may get a better idea of what you need to render your project to and the templates in Vegas should make a little more sense tho I'm sure one of the super users will be able to expand and simplfy far better than me

http://www.videomaker.com/article/17034-encoding-youtube-videos-at-the-high...

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en-GB

Nick... BASE1268

3...2...1...C ya

Return to posts index

rick tucker
Re: looking for list of definitions: render settings. *sorry for newbie question
on Jan 16, 2015 at 2:30:40 am

outstanding, thanks!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]