FORUMS: list search recent posts

Windows setting or Vegas plug-in to convert color text to B/W from screen recorder

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tony lewis
Windows setting or Vegas plug-in to convert color text to B/W from screen recorder
on Dec 9, 2014 at 9:02:31 pm

Capturing a short video of my laptop screen when using Google to do a basic search. Google being Google, has text with multiple colors. When I drop the Sony black and white plug-in on the video, the colors come out light grey, particularly the blues and greens. Is there a better plug-in that could convert all text to black or near black, or conversely, is there a setting buried in Windows 7 to generate a monochrome screen (time travel!)? I have gone into the settings for the laptop's graphics system and there does not appear to be a setting to generate monochrome display.

Return to posts index

Frederic Baumann
Re: Windows setting or Vegas plug-in to convert color text to B/W from screen recorder
on Dec 9, 2014 at 10:38:18 pm

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you might add a "Levels" effect on top of the black&white one, with the "Input start" set at 0.8, and I think it does the job. You may check at the still below:

Hope this helps, best regards,
Frédéric

--

FBmn Software: Professional GPU-powered plug-ins to fix White Balance and Exposure issues in a few clics.
Color-matching made easy with the ColorMatch plug-in.

Want to learn on Sony Vegas Event Pan/Crop tool? Watch my tutorial.
Or about Keyframes? Watch this one. French version here.

Return to posts index

tony lewis
Re: Windows setting or Vegas plug-in to convert color text to B/W from screen recorder
on Dec 10, 2014 at 12:19:23 am

Merci mon ami, je vais essayer votre suggestion.

This works well for text only, although it does tend to blur the letters somewhat. When you bring up a page with a photo, a setting of 0.8 is a little too much, 0.3 worked best for me.

Thanks for the tip!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]