FORUMS: list search recent posts

getting video to play with audio

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky Peddicord
getting video to play with audio
on Nov 10, 2014 at 1:29:26 pm

I'm somewhat new to Vegas and am wondering how do you load in a video into Vegas and got an audio track (that is separate from the video) to play with the video in Vegas? I'm using Sony Vegas 12.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: getting video to play with audio
on Nov 11, 2014 at 3:40:02 pm

Drop the video event (what Vegas calls a clip) on your timeline.
Add the audio event below it, sync it up (to the existing audio if you have it), select all the events by clicking and shift+clicking them and press the 'g' key to group them together so that act as one event.

Return to posts index

Ricky Peddicord
on Nov 11, 2014 at 4:04:43 pm

Ok I have done that, but for some reason when I click play it only plays audio. How do i get the video to actually show up in the I think its called "trimmer" window and play from the event timeline?

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Nov 11, 2014 at 5:01:33 pm

The trimmer is only used to select a portion (video, audio or both) to add to the timeline.
You should see all three tracks on your timeline looking something like this. Pressing play will show you the video on your Preview window and let you hear the audio through your speakers.

Return to posts index

Ricky Peddicord
on Nov 11, 2014 at 5:16:44 pm

I had to enable the Video Preview window from "View". Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Nov 11, 2014 at 5:26:31 pm

Glad you got it figured out!!
You don't say which version of Vegas you're using (Pro or Movie Studio) but there's a lot of training material for both products on the Sony site at http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]