FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way to SKIP AHEAD while playing Video in Vegas?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Davidson
Is there a way to SKIP AHEAD while playing Video in Vegas?
on Oct 24, 2014 at 1:39:39 pm

Is there no way to make the playhead SKIP Forward, while playing video, without speeding up or raising the pitch but simply skipping a few seconds in time perhaps and playing where it lands? This feature is available in most other video and audio apps I've used.

Chipmunk voices don't allow me to identify what I need. I want to cover a lot of ground very quickly, not scrub from point A to point B, but skip from point A, to Point B and start playing at Point B.

I want to do this during playback. I looked in keyboard shortcuts, saw TrackView.Shuttle.Jog assigned to F9 and StepForward assigned to F17, but these only raise the pitch and speed up the play, not skip forward.

Thanks for your input.

Return to posts index

Edward Troxel
Re: Is there a way to SKIP AHEAD while playing Video in Vegas?
on Oct 24, 2014 at 7:53:03 pm

Just click above or below the timeline where you want to skip to.

Edward Troxel

Return to posts index

Sean Davidson
Can the KB Arrow be assigned to SKIP AHEAD while playing?
on Oct 25, 2014 at 1:31:18 am

Hello and thank you Edward. For many reasons, not the least is holding my hand over a mouse hurts after a while, I was hoping to assign that exact function to the right and left arrow keys.

It seems the mapping of functions to keys exists, so is the mouse hop a named and assignable function? I'm happy to use a macro or script as well, if one is available.

Thanks again for your input :-)

Return to posts index

Jorma Nippala
on Oct 27, 2014 at 1:19:08 pm

How about selecting Ruler Marks in Options / Grid Spacing and using PgUp and PgDn?

Return to posts index

Sean Davidson
on Nov 3, 2014 at 5:22:53 pm

Brilliant Jorma :-) It jumps about 1/5 of the entire video each time however. Wonder if there is a way to adjust the length of jump?

Thank you for this excellent and creative solution! I googled quite a bit and never saw this.

Return to posts index

Jorma Nippala
on Nov 3, 2014 at 9:31:37 pm

You could use Up/Down Arrow to "Zoom in/out horizontally in small increments (if timeline has focus)" and then use PgUp/PgDn. Snap to Grid checked.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]