FORUMS: list search recent posts

Make multiple stills the same size on the timeline

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colin Basterfield
Make multiple stills the same size on the timeline
on Oct 4, 2014 at 12:01:47 am

Hi,

I don't get to play with my Sony Vegas Pro build 373 (64 bit) very often, but in the week I was putting together a montage of stills I'd taken and noted the default duration when dragged onto the timeline is 5 seconds, so not wanting to get lost drinking from the fire hose form of answers on the internet, I trudged through each still shortening them to suit my requirement.

YAWN - There must be a better way comes to mind.

I've since found I can reduce the default size in Options | Preferences | New Still Image Length, so that could reduce effort.

Although I've been in IT over 25 years, in this context I'd never needed to know that one could use scripting, so that is perhaps an option?

Is there another way I've missed? Could I create a group for the ones I want to resize them on the timeline?

I have just done some digging around on the SonyCreativeSoftware site and seen Production Assistant 2, but to be honest that seems perhaps not what I'm looking for as what I'm looking for doesn't seem like it belongs in a plug in?

I realise I may have been hiding under a rock on something seemingly so trivial, but would be most grateful for some pointers here.

Thanks
Colin

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Make multiple stills the same size on the timeline
on Oct 4, 2014 at 12:24:07 am

Click the first picture, hold down the shift key and click the last one and then press the 'g' key to group them all together. Place the cursor at the end of the last picture, hold the Ctrl key down and drag it backward to the new desired length.
That's all there is to it :)

Return to posts index

Colin Basterfield
Re: Make multiple stills the same size on the timeline
on Oct 4, 2014 at 12:50:46 am

Hi Mike,

I'm so glad that I've come to realise that there is no such thing as a stupid question. I've also accepted that one can set oneself free by embracing one's stupidity... :-))))

Thank you so much for this, and I've tried it, and guess what? You're right!

Is there a way to label a group so that one can shortcut to it again?

Thanks again
Colin :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]