FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I prevent audio to be replaced in multicameralike setup?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hans Castrop
How do I prevent audio to be replaced in multicameralike setup?
on Sep 21, 2014 at 6:39:10 am

I made 3 takes of my kid playing the piano. One take was steady on a tripod, and 2 more takes where I did some closeups of the face and of the hands. So they were not shot at the same time but in sequence.
To edit I put them in the timeline on top of one another. (for sync purposes, so I can take bits of the closeups when I want.) When I do this the audio of the underlying footage is beeing replaced. can I prevent this in some way?

Return to posts index

Chris Hewitt
Re: How do I prevent audio to be replaced in multicameralike setup?
on Sep 21, 2014 at 6:56:08 am

Use the Trimmer and select the video only.

Return to posts index

Hans Castrop
on Sep 21, 2014 at 7:24:25 am

Thanks for your quick response Chris.
This would be the solution if my son was playing piano at constant speed :) unfortunately he wasn't (sync problems) so I need both audiotracks (in stereo, not 5.1). So what I really would like to happen is the second audio footage on it's own track and not overwriting the first. Sorry that I wasn't clear on this.

Return to posts index

Chris Hewitt
on Sep 21, 2014 at 10:50:50 am

Are you certain the audio is being replaced. In my experience, the new audio might sit on top of the original audio obscuring it if it is long enough.
Select the problem audio on the timeline and press T which will cycle through the audio if more than one audio event is there.
I would create a new audio and video track for each of the three camera shots you have and that way your audio tracks will all be on their own tracks....then just slide them to sync.

Return to posts index

Hans Castrop
on Sep 22, 2014 at 1:14:03 pm

Thanks Chris,
indeed creating a new audiotrack(s) is the way to go in this case. I found out holding the clip on the top of the timeline creates both new video and audio tracks. It creates four! new audiotracks and with 3x footage gives me 12 audiotracks. a bit much to work with but I guess that's the way it is.

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Sep 21, 2014 at 1:38:43 pm

Hi, This is going to be a bit tough to explain but I'll try. There are several approaches that can be taken to accomplish what is needed, these are but two methods.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Option 1
1 Select the tracks that contain the video you wish to cut together. The tracks, not the events on the timeline but the tracks. Make sure none of the audio tracks are selected.
2 Under tools / Multicamera select 'enable multi camera editing' or type cltr+shift+d
3 Under tools / Multicamera select 'create multi camera track'.

This will place all the selected video onto one track and open multiple views of the video footage in the viewer, your audio tracks will be unaffected and can be edited as needed.
4 When finished video edit, select tools / Multicamera select 'Expand to Multiple tracks:
5 Cut the audio and group with corresponding video tracks.
6 Now cut your piece together
----------------------------------------------------------------
Option 2
1 Select all tracks
2 Under tools / Multicamera select 'enable multi camera editing' or type cltr+shift+d
3 cut the piece together
4 On the timeline choose the audio event, right click, choose take and select the audio file you wish to use near the bottom of the drop down menu.

Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Hans Castrop
on Sep 22, 2014 at 1:58:33 pm

Thanks Russ,
This gives me some insight in multicam editing. In my case of kid playing the piano it's a bit different I suppose because he isn't playing at constant speed yet. Thus I have to sync on audio, not video and not on timecode since it's taped in sequence, not at the same time. anyway, special case (aren't they all:)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]